Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

what is the best trail fourwheeler that there is?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008 | 01:01 AM
Trailblazer
Default what is the best trail fourwheeler that there is?

YOUR A BONER. YOU RODE THROUGH DEEP WATER WHICH ANYONE ON A 4X4 CAN DO. BESIDES THE REALLY DEEP WATER MY BANSHEE WITH 22 WOULD KICK YOUR ***. I HAVE ONLY BEEN OUT DONE BY A GRIZ 660 PIPED WITH 27S. STEEP HILL CLIMBS IN THE MUD I BEAT HIM. LAUGH ALL YOU WANT BUT TIRE SPIN AND RIDING ABILITY ARE JUST ABOUT UNSTOPPABLE. BUY A BANSHEE. THEY ARE LIGHT AND DONT STAND UP VERY EASY ON STEEP HILLS. AS FOR YOUR 330 AND THAT MOLE HILL, NOT IMPRESSED. WHER WE RIDE YOU WOULD HAVE TO LEAVE YOUR 330 AT HOME. HA HA HA!

Old 03-28-2008 | 01:04 AM
Trailblazer

IF YOU BUY A 4X4 GET A GRIZZLY 660. IF THATS TOO BIG THEN A KODIAK.

Old 03-28-2008 | 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

a banshee? man i have'nt seen one of those on the trail in years. i've seen some as draggsters.as the 660 engine is junk did'nt work in the grizzly or raptor both have 700's in them now.when was the last time you where at a dealer and looked at some new quads?the banshee was good in the day but that day was a while back

Old 03-28-2008 | 08:14 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

I say the best one is the one you feel most comfortable on..... the one that suits your riding style.......the one you can afford.......

I'd love to have a new KTM 525..... but I cannot afford to dish out 10k right now....... so my z400 will have to keep me happy for a while still, which should be no problem since it has kept me happy so far......

Old 03-28-2008 | 08:33 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BANSHEE69R

YOUR A BONER. YOU RODE THROUGH DEEP WATER WHICH ANYONE ON A 4X4 CAN DO. BESIDES THE REALLY DEEP WATER MY BANSHEE WITH 22 WOULD KICK YOUR ***. I HAVE ONLY BEEN OUT DONE BY A GRIZ 660 PIPED WITH 27S. STEEP HILL CLIMBS IN THE MUD I BEAT HIM. LAUGH ALL YOU WANT BUT TIRE SPIN AND RIDING ABILITY ARE JUST ABOUT UNSTOPPABLE. BUY A BANSHEE. THEY ARE LIGHT AND DONT STAND UP VERY EASY ON STEEP HILLS. AS FOR YOUR 330 AND THAT MOLE HILL, NOT IMPRESSED. WHER WE RIDE YOU WOULD HAVE TO LEAVE YOUR 330 AT HOME. HA HA HA!</end quote></div>

let me guess, you are about 16 years old?

A banshee is far from the best trail quad, dunes and drags...yes, track and trails...no.

Old 03-29-2008 | 02:31 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with wolvy..the banshee is NO trail quad..helluva duner and drag racer but not even a sniff of a trail quad.....Your right wolvy...gotta be a kid!!!

Old 03-29-2008 | 06:48 AM
|
Trailblazer

that hill is steeper then it looks no way ur banshee could do that

Old 03-29-2008 | 06:46 PM
|
Trailblazer

ya sure get a loud 2 smoke banshee that sucks gas and is two wheel drive for hill climbing and muding?
that doesn't really make sense?
also that hill was bigger then it looks and ur gay *** banshee would NEVER EVER make it through that water in my videos

Old 03-29-2008 | 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

So tell us again what the question was Mattmo. Your post ask for the "best trail fourwheeler that there is", but then also says "4x4 or 2x4?"

Are you asking if a 4x4 is better than a 2x4? Are you considering a 2x4, or not? What do you want? Do you want the most capable ATV made for extreme terrain? Or do you have something else in mind?

If you want the best ATV there is for tough technical trails, then I'm thinking that means only 4x4s. 2x4s can go faster on some trails, and can be more fun in some circumstances, but there are numerous trails that they cant do at all, and bad weather conditions (snow and mud) futher limit their use. So that means they're not the best. There is only one "best" trail quad made for extreme terrain. And in order to be "best", its going to be at least a 700. The 450s and 500s are good, but they're not the "best". If you want the "best" you need to look at the short list of big bore sport utility quads:

Arctic Cat Thunder Cat 1000
Can Am Outlander 800
Polaris Sportsman 800
Kawasaki Brute Force 750
Suzuki King Quad 750
Yamaha Grizzly 700
Honda Rincon 700

Pick the one that is best for you, and don't waste your time with any of the others. Plan to fork out some money to have the "best", because none of them are cheap. Good luck.

[edit] Better take the Rincon off the short list. It doesn't have a locking front differential, or low range in the transmission. It may be good, but without those two features it isn't the "best". You'll have to put the Rincon in with the rest of ATVs made, that are good ATVs, but not the "best".
DV

Old 03-30-2008 | 10:46 AM
|
Trailblazer

i found a good deal on a kfx 400 that has some engine work on it for a good price so I think i might call that guy about it
thanks though

Quick Reply: what is the best trail fourwheeler that there is?