Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

need some help new to atv

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008 | 09:11 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default need some help new to atv

Hello everyone new to atv and new to forum looking at buying my first used atv for the kids trying to get them off the tube and the playstation and not sure what i am doing but everyone that i have asked told me to stay away from chinese atv for starters so i have been searching for some time and found a Dinli 2001 90cc for cheap and the only thing i leary about is that in not one off the big names honda yamaha,etc. Number 2 it been parked for a year and needs a battery so trying to find out if it is good choice or would a be problem or keep hunting dont want to spend more 1000 for a used atv being that i dont know if my kids will just let sit for another year thanks and if anyone maybe within 50 miles of Tampa and has a 90 and wants to bump it off and it a cheap price dont really matter year as long its fair condition give me a shouts thanks once again

Old 04-03-2008 | 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

you check out eton at all. they are good quads and can get them cheaper than like a honda 90.

Old 04-03-2008 | 11:27 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

not to many eton out for sale and the one i found they want like 12 & 1300 so you think this dinli is no good they only want 400 bucks buttttttttttttt its been parked for more then a year and battery is dead and did not want to turn over with a boost so what i think it has something to do with fuel or carb been trying to do some research on when a bike sits for period is it done or what ?

Old 04-04-2008 | 01:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!

Hard to say. If it wouldn't turn over with a boost the piston might be seized or there may be an electrical problem such as a bad ground. Even if the carb is clogged or bad fuel it SHOULD still turn over, just not start. Dinli is out of the mini game now, which is to bad because they had some nice features on the later models. A few of the race shops can probably get you parts though. Something to at least check into if you decide to persue this atv.