Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

dont buy yamaha

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 06:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dont buy yamaha

there service and support and warranty support is the worst i've ever delt with.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:54 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dont buy yamaha

It's not really fair to say that without giving some detains!

If you are having trouble with a dealership, it's not fair to blame the whole corporation for that. However, if Yamaha corporate won't honor your warranty, that's another issue entirely.

And I'm not particularly a Yamaha fan, just for the record....

Old 06-26-2008, 12:55 PM
Trailblazer
Default dont buy yamaha

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: brightman

there service and support and warranty support is the worst i've ever delt with.</end quote></div>

Oh, ok. I'm sure everyone looking at buying a yamaha will just take your word for it.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Default dont buy yamaha

I'm thinking troll?

Old 06-26-2008, 01:08 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts
Default dont buy yamaha

Since it's easier to just say Yamaha sucks than post the problem, I copied this from his first post. Now to be fair to Yamaha, do you know for sure it's not something your son did?

"just wondering if you guys have heard of the frame rails on these models are prone to bending,by normal use. without anything else bending like the a-arms or tie rods. my sons did,the 2 rails frome the motor forward bent and there is absolutely nothing else bent or no marks anywhere. anybody else seen or heard of this."

Old 06-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dont buy yamaha

So which model has the bent frame rails?

Old 06-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default dont buy yamaha

"No jumps, stunts, or wheelies." I think they all have a warning sticker something like that. I bet that's the problem too. I've only seen one frame break and it broke a tie-rod too after hitting a tree. I can't think of anything besides jumping it that would bend the frame and cause no other damage.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default dont buy yamaha

ok,first off I'm not new at frame design and integrity. I've raced motocross, flat track bikes, then moved to dirt super stock cars and then to dirt late moel race cars, having been to chasis schools for rayburn and mastersbilt race cars more than once each, and repairing chasis and owning a fab shop, and building articulating four bar chasis for rock crawlers for people,i do understand a little about it, so just to let you know this is not some idiot blowing shat about a problem that I want someone to take of for free.Iown a kodiak and rancher and a honda xr 650L, and WAS planning on getting a rhino for my wife. I'm 47 years old and am no dummy, electronic engineering degree with many certificates in fluid power ,mechanical design and repair,have been over machine shops and in charge of maintenance crews for high tech automotive manufacturing facilities.I currently travel around and repair 345,000 volt substations for power plants, so i do have to keep my head and stay sharp or you die.this is just so you know your not talking to some kid who's mad at his dealer for not fixing his own screw up. I, explain the issue in the next post as this one is getting full......sorry

Old 06-27-2008, 09:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default dont buy yamaha

the unit was bought late dec. for my 12 yr old son, who never really got to ride it much do to weather till march.He does not have any place to jump it or ride it hard, which really does'nt matter.I bought a skid plate for it and it would'nt line up for mounting. After looking at it I noticed the 2 frame rails going forward from the motor forward where bent off to the right. Ilooked for anything that might have caused it..i.e..bent wheel, bent tie rod, a-arm, bumper, anything at all,and found nothing, not even scratches in the paint ...nothing.my point is this, the frame rails should bend last. there should be some evidence of stress that should happen before the frame bends. The aluminum tie rods, the a-arms, the little bumper, something should bend, even if it was jumped and landed on the left front wheel, the mounting points should take up the stress and bend before or along with the frame, and there is NO sign of this.believe me I looked and looked before contacting the dealer I bought it from. when I did, the parts guy and service guy both of whom Ive done work for and both race the GNCC series agreed as there should have been something else bent.they said they have never bent a frame racing,they've bent many tie rods, a-arms and the such, but the frame should have the rigidity to stay intact unless something else bent along with it. Next I'll explain about the dealer and Yamaha.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:08 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default dont buy yamaha

I then talked to the dealer himself, WHOOOOO.....at that time,was in the process of relinquishing his dealers license due to his incompetence of being able to sell and deal with being responsible with and for yamaha and his customers, which Ireally didn't know before or still at that time.He had some issues with yamaha in the past that I wasnt aware of or I wouldnt have purchased from him. Well he looked at it and agreed also that it looked like a manufacting design error or was possibly a defect and would contact yamaha warranty tech people.After waiting 2 weeks Icalled him to see what was going on and he had never even contacted them yet. so he then had the parts guy call them and had him deal with yamaha,who although he tried was not the guy that should have to do this, but did try.Well then yamaha wanted pics of the bike to determine if it was a warranty issue.We sent them the pics, and they came back and said it looks like damage due to impact, case closed!!!So I got the number from the parts guy to the tech he talked to, and contacted him myself and tryed to explain that there is no other damage and no point of impact, and that this was crazy that the frame bent and there was nothing else that was bent to show some kind of stress, and I thought this was a design defect, and if there was some sign of damage I WOULD NOT EVEN BOTHER THEM I WOULD REPAIR IT AND GO ON , AND HE SAIDMY OPTION WAS TO TAKE IT TO LITIGATION. thats what we need more lawsuits and lawyers.

Quick Reply: dont buy yamaha