Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Gladstorex ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008 | 10:10 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Gladstorex ???

I am also wanting to find out about Gladstorex. Has any body had dealings with them? I have e-mailed them and have had responces but i am still not sure.

Old 07-02-2008 | 05:57 PM
Range Rover
Maybe you could have your wife talk to my wife?
Default Gladstorex ???

Well for ***** and giggles, I tried to order an ATV from them. Made me register which I did with my "spam" email account. I added the ATV to the cart and they processed it. But not once did it ask for any payment. Nor did they add a shipping cost. I did a search on Google and interestingly, their name pops up all over the place and in the wierdest places but when you surf to that site, there's nothing to be found on them. So, my inclination is to call this bogus and move on. I did send them an email asking all sorts of questions but I suspect this is just pure snake oil.
Cheers,
dublin

Old 07-10-2008 | 05:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Gladstorex ???

Can't say if they're for real or not, but if they are in the UK, won't the prices likely be in british pounds?

Old 07-10-2008 | 06:32 PM
Range Rover
Default Gladstorex ???

No. They clearly state on their site prices are in US dollars. I got this from them after entering an order:

Dear Customer, Your order has been successfully processed. The shipping will bestarted today or tomorrow and after that we will contact you with thetrackingnumber.
how it works , this are the steps of thetransaction:
1) We will ship you the quad(s) at the address that you had provide us.
2) As soon the quad(s) has been shipped we will send you the trackingnumber from thequad(s) and you will be able to track it online at the shippingcourier.
3) You will have to make the payment to the shipping company for ourtransaction. Paymentwill be hold by them for the protection of both parts until you willreceive and inspectthe atv 5 days.
4) As soon the payment is made and confirmed to the shipping companythey will deliveryou the quad(s) at your home address.
5) After you will receive the quad(s) you will have 5 days to inspectit: if you are notagree with it you can return it and you will have your money back inmax 24 hours; if youare agree and pleased with it you will have to contact the shippingcompany and confirmthem that you will keep the quad(s) and after that they will send thepayment to ourcompany. NOTE: The payment will be not transfered to us until you will receivethe product,inspect the package and confirm to the shipping company that you areagree with thequad(s) and you will keep it. thank you
gladstorex.com
-----------------------------

I think I'll pass.
Cheers,
Dublin

Old 07-11-2008 | 01:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Gladstorex ???

Scam.

Old 07-11-2008 | 02:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gladstorex ???

Their grammar isn't very good...lol.

-Krait

Old 07-11-2008 | 02:22 PM
Range Rover
Default Gladstorex ???

That's the biggest clue that this is a scam, aside from their "amazing" prices.
Cheers,
Dublin

Old 07-11-2008 | 03:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Gladstorex ???

I think that's how they can afford to keep their prices so low, not spending time and money on spelling and grammar.