Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Best ATV for me.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008 | 12:44 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Best ATV for me.

I am looking for suggestions on what quad I should get. I currently drive a Brute Force 650. I usually ride with two differnt groups of people. One group is mostly utility 4x4 quads where we go mudding, hill climbing, and trail riding. The other group I ride with has sport quads 2 raptor 660, predetor, and a yzf. My brute force can keep up with the sport quads on the trails. But my biggest concern is I am not sure how my utility quad will hold up when we are going in sand, doing wheelis, or taking in off of jumps. Is there a quad out there that will hold up and keep up for both of these riding styles. I know the can am renegade probably would but is a bit pricey. Or should i just keep my brute force. Suggestions please.

Old 07-08-2008 | 05:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default Best ATV for me.

What kind of trails do you ride with your 4x4 buddies? If the sport guys can handle all the trails that the 4x guys can, other than the mud, than maybe just buy a sports quad and stay out of the mud. Maybe look into an IRS sport bike, like the Outlaw 525 or 700xx, so it can handle mud better than most other sporties.

Or buy the 'Gade 800 like you mentioned...

-Krait

Old 07-08-2008 | 12:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default Best ATV for me.

You would LOVE the new Can-Am Renegade 800R. With all the power, you'd be passing the sport ATVs and crush the utilities in any subject. This is all I'm saying. The Renegade is definately worth every penny you place on the counter.

Old 07-09-2008 | 11:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default Best ATV for me.

If you wanted to try thr Can-Am Outlander 650 or 800R, those would also do fine in sand and on the trail. But I would buy the XT model if I were you. The XT model comes with better tires, better looking rims, a 3,000 pound winch, front and rear bumpers, and other needed goodies as well.