Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

cant pic between grizzly or rincon

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008 | 01:33 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default cant pic between grizzly or rincon

i'm gonna be buying a new atv in the next month or so. i cant figure out which one i want between a yamaha grizzly 700 base model without the EPS or the honda rincon. i'm leaning toward grizzly but is belt driven. the honda has a hydraulic torque converter which seems to be more dependable in the long run. the grizzly stands a little taller and has alot more power. and honda has built a name for bein very dependable and pretty much bullet proof which makes me lean to the hondas side because i dont wanna be spending a lot of money on replacing parts that wear out too quickly.. i dont know just a whole lot about either bikes but will somebody please school me up on which choice i should make

Old 07-11-2008 | 06:55 AM
Pro Rider

It would help if we knew more about how you ride. If you like to play in the mud, tow heavy loads, use the quad for work, lots of technical riding, then the Grizz probably has the advantage. If you like precise handling and just general trailriding the Rincon would be fine. But try them out, you might love one and hate the other. Only you can decide which one feels best for you.

The reliability issue shouldn't be much of one at all.

-Krait

Old 07-11-2008 | 10:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Krait

It would help if we knew more about how you ride. If you like to play in the mud, tow heavy loads, use the quad for work, lots of technical riding, then the Grizz probably has the advantage. If you like precise handling and just general trailriding the Rincon would be fine. But try them out, you might love one and hate the other. Only you can decide which one feels best for you.

The reliability issue shouldn't be much of one at all.

-Krait</end quote></div>

+1 but my vote would be the Grizz!

Old 07-11-2008 | 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

I would vote grizz, but the rincon is a great machine also. Im just not a fan of the fourwheel drive and the lack of eye opening power.

Old 07-11-2008 | 07:07 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

a lot of mud and trails and just old country dirt roads.. not too much for work.. i also like the fact of the griz having diff lock where the rincon dont. but what really catches me is the difference in transmission.. rincons format seems unbreakable compared to a v-belt but i also realize that all big bore atvs have the belt drivin tranny i've drove both. griz has considerably more power and diff lock and is taller and just seems more flashy but i've grown up in a honda family and they are just totally bullet proof and the price difference is obvious

Old 07-11-2008 | 08:00 PM
Range Rover

Both great machines but my vote is for the Honda. I never had any issues with my Rancher. They do have A good reputation for being very reliable. But you can't go wrong with either

Old 07-11-2008 | 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

My vote would be for the Grizzly (obviously)

Old 07-12-2008 | 06:07 AM
Pro Rider

I would say Grizz. Belts aren't such a big issue. One thing to consider, belt drives are much more tunable, and easily and cheaply replacable/fixable compared to the Rincon's tranny. Not saying either would have issues, to me I would choose based on other requirements than the tranny design. On these anyways.

Pick whichever you one you like the most, either should do fine. But for deep mud, the Grizz's locker and low range will make a difference.

-Krait

Old 07-14-2008 | 12:29 AM
Range Rover

Neither, buy a sportsman 800!

Old 07-14-2008 | 07:47 AM
Range Rover

Read the post and you'll see that wasn't in his TWO choices

Quick Reply: cant pic between grizzly or rincon