Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

king quad $ help

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009 | 03:43 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default king quad $ help

hi. any help with the going out the door price for a 2008 king quad 450 (maybe camo)? any holdbacks, rebates, etc? i feel like i am being bullied when talking to atv salespeople. this is only the second time i have bought an atv (99) 300 king quad. just wondering what to expect as a good price. also any advice what to say, do? i will be paying cash. i have seen different prices varying 1500.00 apart. any help is appeciated. also i am in ne ohio if that matters. thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dingo

Old 03-05-2009 | 08:10 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!
Default king quad $ help

all i did is call around to all the dealers near me, or how ever far i wanted to drive. Found a 2008 camo 700 arctic cat for 6800 with 2 yr warrenty. I too paid cash. once you get the best dealer ,call the others back and tell them you were offered a better deal and if they can beat it, and if so youll get it now!! lol. After i bought mine i had asked one dealer for a rock bottom price and he quoted me 7500, i hung up and got it from another for the 6800. Any how i stopped in the one dealer a few months later, he knows me and asked if i was still looking, told him no. i told him i bought one right after i had talked to him. He asked me the price, i told him , he then said make me your last call. Ill promise ill beat them all. I laughed and said, I asked for the rock bottom price, no bull s%*t and you asked too much, so you lost the deal. Any how you get the idea, when they say thats as low as they can go,they may be lying. good luck with your dealing!!

Old 03-05-2009 | 11:40 PM
Moto Psycho
Default king quad $ help

Welcome to the forum Dingo. When I bought my last quad I went to the 2 closest dealers to see what they wanted. The price was almost the same at both and was about $1,000 below MSRP. They had a $500 rebate plus another $500 off.

Old 03-06-2009 | 06:50 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default king quad $ help

thanks for replies. i have 3 dealers within 20 miles of me. 1st dealer i went to happened to be the same salesman i bought a99 king quad 300 from. told him i was decideing between a rancher at and king quad. i liked features of KQ 450 better. he sais 2008 king quad(green) on special right now 5199.00 ok give me total price............ 6500.00 out the door!!!!!!! prep taxes blah blah blah. 2nd dealer didnt have any in stock seemed like didnt want to find one or make a sale talked about how i should watch for add ons(yeah duh!!!! lol ) would try to find me one if i wanted one bad enough$$$$$. 3rd dealer gave me run around but said had they still had 2 king quad 450 camos still in crates. ok i said how much? have to check with manager. i say ok. give me your best out the door price!!! he asks " ready to buy today?" i say no( not getting $ from sale of my 99 till monday it is sold). i will buy within the week. he says not giving price till day of sale(will work out price....what the???) says come back and a deal will be made. i am thinking of putting the cash on the table and say take it or leave it. any thoughts? how much should i put down? lol see why i haye dealing with these dudes???? he wouldnt even talk to manager for a price i was the only one in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! any ideas? thoughts? thanks also anyone know where i could find prices to bargain with? thanks

Old 03-06-2009 | 08:01 AM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!
Default king quad $ help

I had a couple dealers do the same thing. They didnt get my buisness b/c if they didnt want to help me then,then i didnt want anything to do with them. You never know though, they may have had a better price. what state do you live in? Im in missouri and when i asked for the price he told me ,then i asked him how much with tax? No tax here, 6800 even. We pay our personal property taxes that pay for it and we get a sticker to put on our atv which means we paid the sales tax at the court house and are now able to ride in atv parks, and in some cases on county roads. Some county roads need another sticker depending on your county. I think its about 5-600.00 bucks in taxes. So 73-7,400 is what i paid after all said and done. Well of course i had to get bumpers,winch, hand grip warmers, and i already had a set of rims and tires i took off my other bike,just swapped them out. So for you, with a bike that costs about 5,200.00 i would lay down $5,700 and go from there. See how much an extended warranty is and how many months it comes with. You never know till you try and you may just end up coming across a dealer that needs to make a sale. Oh, for my last bike i drove 5+ hrs away to get it b/c it saved me 1100 bucks, so id call others around you, at least within 2 hrs.

Old 03-06-2009 | 08:53 AM
Trailblazer
Default king quad $ help

Hello dingo...Wow that sounds like a lot of BS they are handing out and some cold sales people....I have been borrowing atv's from friends for years, and finally started saving for down payment....had about 3,000 saved...have been researching for years....really had no preference other than I have been a faithful bombardier snosled man since early 60's and had rode a friend's 650 traxter, which is like a tank, so was leaning towards the outlanders...All our dealers here are like an hour or two hour ride....the bombardier dealer ship was a joke...cold, impersonal salespeople...unless you had cash hanging out every pocket they did not want to talk...I did not want to reveal how much I had to put down....anyways....prices were high there but I expected that because it is a good product and only game in town....they sell just the bombardier and the showroom was picked over and they did the same to me as to you...will cost $$$$ to ship in what you want, but we have this demonstrater over here for only 300.00 less...Ummmmm....no thanks...I left a little perplexed.....then came the polaris and yamaha....nice machines so I thought why not....well polaris here is popluar and the bigger game in town this shop pushes more volume so one would expect lower prices...wrong...lol....so I left there and went to Kawai...friendly staff and known for good service but only selling deals on left overs....so I left felling a little better and armed with info on prices....decided I did not want a payment and worrying about insurance because of a loan so started looking in the local buy, sell, swap flyers....found a 06 Brute force 650 sra with only 190 miles on it...kicker was it was in N.H. and I am in Maine, but I had to drive to Worchester, Mass anyways to do a sportsman's expo show for our lodge here so I picked it up on the way back....it was bought as a left over and never ridden...a private sale so no warranties, but hey it was my first atv purchase and it seems like a good deal...paid $3400.00 and the kid even wrote bill of sale for very cheap to save me even more money....it did have a few trail scratches...not showroom condition but close....just enough scratches so I won't have to start out babying it..lol...I think the only advice I would have in picking out a new machine at a dealer is to not settle for the first deal if you have a lot dealerships to pick from, not to seem too eager to throw you money around and go in wanting a specific machine not there or set up...look around the showroom...maybe later they will have it set up and it if dont move you might get a lower price....I would also pay more for the same machine at a dealer that was friendly and was known for great service after the sale than a lower price by a few hundred at a dealer that is not known for good service after the sale....well ending this book....lool....happy trails to all....Maine

Old 03-06-2009 | 09:26 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default king quad $ help

seems like everyone is given the runaround when buying an atv. geez easier to buy a car. you would think that somewhere a person could find any discounts ,rebates etc... on atv's i have search and searched the internet NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is there some secret society where dealers belong that they hide their invoices and get their figures? you would think that there would be somewhere on the internet that shows any offers available on a machine. i am beginning to think i need a secret handshake to get the best deal!!! lol anyone want to share it? with all the info avaiable on the internet now, doesn't it seem odd? (CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)????????? i think i might just go in, walk up to a saleman and give some sort of made up sign (kind of like what the gangs do... lol) i am sure i will immediately be able to name my price! when he looks at me strange i will then just say "go get the manager" you would think that someone that used to be a salesman would give up the secrets. although when hired they might have been sworn in blood to "uphold the brotherhood of the variable invoice" i guess i will be the roaming atv buyer next week. if you are in ne ohio next week and see a uy wandering aimlessly through dealerships offer me an XL dunkin donuts coffee with cream and sugar. thanks!

Old 03-06-2009 | 01:03 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!
Default king quad $ help

you know 2dingo2, im gonna call around here for you,just to see price differences. Ill get back to you in a while or after the kids go down for a nap. Ill call on the king quad 450 camo and any other colors they may have. Ill let you know by tonight hopefully.

Old 03-06-2009 | 01:30 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!
Default king quad $ help

well here's what i've got for you. This is from the dealers who actually have one now in stock. Apparently there is not alot out there. 08 camo, 6,450.00. green 6,150.00. Then another dealer has a green 450 efi with a plow for 6,599.00 and a 750 for 6,899.00. Shoot if you don't need efi, id start looking at the 750s not much more. Remember though these are out the door prices for here in st. louis, we dont pay a tax at the dealer, we go to the DMV(dept. of motor vehicles,or the court house) to pay our taxes and for them prices we would pay about $500.00-$600.00. maybe this will help a little to narrow your prices.

Old 03-06-2009 | 05:09 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default king quad $ help

thanks at least i know what to expect now. there are a couple of dealers with advertisements here in ohio that are advertising between 5300 and 5600 plus the extras lol i am thinking of walking in with 5700 cash and see what they do. hmmmmmm.... stay tuned lol

Quick Reply: king quad $ help