Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

kfx450 or trx450

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009 | 10:40 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default kfx450 or trx450

what would you go with? why?
thanks, austin

Old 04-08-2009 | 06:33 AM
Pro Rider

They are both great machines, Handling is pretty equal. The KFX has EFI and reverse. To some that is the selling point. I'm a carb guy and reverse didn't bother me so I went with the TRX. The TRX has better top speed but the KFX has better acceleration.

Old 04-08-2009 | 08:40 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

These are the two machines that I have the most saddle time on. I will take the Honda, becasue it is just a more refined machine! The Kawi is a good machine, but it is a little quirkey in a few ways.

Hopefully, we will see fuel injection on the Honda next year!!!

Old 04-08-2009 | 09:57 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

IMO the only advantage the KFX has is the EFI and reverse. I like the Honda better when actually riding and going forward.

The KFX is not bad, but as Recon points out the Honda is so much more refined. And IMO the Honda handles better too.

Old 04-08-2009 | 09:58 AM
|
Trailblazer

the new 450 just looks like it has a super built frame. and i like the fact of reverse. efi doesnt matter to much to me.

Old 04-08-2009 | 12:04 PM
|
Trailblazer

i am a big guy. whats better then

Old 04-08-2009 | 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

Both are pretty well suited for the larger rider. Your best bet is to sit on both and see how they feel.

Old 04-08-2009 | 05:15 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

Originally Posted by 4x4jumper
the new 450 just looks like it has a super built frame. and i like the fact of reverse. efi doesnt matter to much to me.
The 450R is the king of desert endurance racing. It has proven itself time and time again, in Baja. This is a proven machine that can go the distance!!!

Old 04-14-2009 | 01:20 AM
Range Rover

yes the honda has proven itself in the baja but that doesn't mean you buy it for that i have fuel injection on my yfz compared to my previous earlier years it makes starting much better in cold wether and not fuss with rejetting the only bad thing about fuel injection is if you run ur battery completley dead the magneto does not generate enough power to run the fuel injection completley so you should just have to charge it for 10 minutes or so

Old 05-10-2009 | 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

I'll just put it this way.... I am a big Honda fan.... and I could have gotten a brand spanking new leftover TRX450R for $3,999...

But check my signature line and you will see it is not there!

Being a Honda fan does not cloud my judgment to that extreme degree!!!

Saying a TRX450R is a refined machine in comparison is like saying a dinosaur is "refined".
That's like saying my 400EX is "refined"... sorry, I find that funny....

I don't know what kind of blinders you have to be wearing when you look at the KFX 450R.

For goodness sakes... even Yamaha doesn't have that level of clouded judgment even as good as their YFZ450 is. Even they saw the light quick fast and in a hurry. Just look at their YFZ450R. It's not hard to see.

Now I am with you guys when it comes to "technology" and early year models. Even though I know EFI is superior, I don't have to like it... so I have to say that the EFI is the thing I like the least about the Kawasaki.

But even with that said, I still saw that what was there aside from that was more advanced and superior. There is not a part on it I can think of that is not an upgrade from what Honda is offering. Plus there is so much more untapped potential beyond stock form.

If Kawasaki could recruit some true top riders, I think more people would eventually accept the truth. At this point all you can really see is some middle of the pack level riders finishing up front on Kawi's in the MX scene.

Quick Reply: kfx450 or trx450