Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

About to take the plunge and buy a 4-wheeler. Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you bought a polaris over a yamaha it would be a dark day indeed.. especially over a couple horsepower geez!

Old 10-08-2010, 11:28 PM

a couple? 10 is a significant amount. keep your brand loyal comments in the honda forum

Old 10-08-2010, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by sportszillasheex
a couple? 10 is a significant amount. keep your brand loyal comments in the honda forum

Theres nothing here about brand loyalty.. If you think a polaris is as good or even better than a yamaha product would you please send me some of the super skunk weed you have because its way better than mine.

Not only that this is in the buying an atv forum.. I will tell him how i feel.. and I feel if you skipped over a Yamaha for a POLARIS that wouldnt be a good decision.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by unit6666
Theres nothing here about brand loyalty.. If you think a polaris is as good or even better than a yamaha product would you please send me some of the super skunk weed you have because its way better than mine.

Not only that this is in the buying an atv forum.. I will tell him how i feel.. and I feel if you skipped over a Yamaha for a POLARIS that wouldnt be a good decision.

so you're saying any yamaha is better then any polaris? real intelligent... the 500 polaris is a very solid machine, the engine is just as relable as anything else and the rest of it isnt so bad either. a friend of ours that also works on quads has a shop and to tell you the truth i never really see polaris' there. yamahas puny cv joints are a common problem according to him and many others, but any yamaha is better then any polaris so forgive me

Old 10-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider

Uhhh yeah Yamaha ATV's are better across the board.. engine just as reliable? Sometimes I think this might be the twilight zone ..

To even insist that yamahas are in the shop more is pretty much the craziest thing I have ever heard..

Old 10-09-2010, 05:18 PM

buddy dont put words in my mouth. at the shop my father's friend has i never see polaris', maybe he doesnt work on them. so what you're saying is its impossible for polaris to have a reliable quad? i guiess mine was sent from god along with most peoples sp500s. you're so against polaruis its pathetic, ive see your posts. grow the hell up

Old 10-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah you insisted that the other quads have puny CV shafts and that you don't really see polaris there.. You sound a bit passive aggressive.. I'm not gonna pretend things so I can be everyone PAL on here because they own a particular quad. I have seen so many ruined busted up sportsman 500 atvs it nuts.. I had one and you know what while I owned it I proclaimed how terrible it was.. I don't even kinda care that yours is awesome, most arent.

I see crap all day long about Hondas every post on this entire forum is about how Hondas are slower and low tech blah blah whatever and some of the claims do have truths to them, I don't even bother tryin to respond to it.I never said they don't have any power,or bad suspension, or bad features but you know what Polaris atv's reliability is suspect at best. Why can't I say that? I thought all these features that everyone wants was worth having suspect reliability. It doesnt sound like it is because anytime anyone says something about a certain quad being unreliable all hell breaks loose.The other ATV's have their issues. Polaris happens to be their reliability. I don't care if you got a cousin in alabama who put 10000000000000000000 miles on one he got some kinda lucky.

This was about some guy who wanted advice on what machine to buy.. and has turned into yet another pissing contest because people cannot accept certain facts.

Old 10-09-2010, 06:24 PM

it isnt a fact big guy. years ago polaris reliability was suspect at best, but i wouldnt say that now! they have come a loooong way since then. no i wont say they are the most reliable quads now, but least? they're all reliable these days! maybe one reason honda is so reliable is because they have hardly any features? electric shift gremlins still happen, why? didnt they have it since te 98 450es foreman??? my god shouldnt it be bullet proof by now? o im sorry i insulted honda... by the way out of all the polaris' i had 1 needed a coil and the other i dont even remember it was so long ago... my father and i take on quad repairs once and awhile and we see the japs just as often as polaris, must be "good luck" get real

Old 10-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Range Rover

LOL... I wonder if blackwaterstout even cares anymore?

Old 10-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Boss Man
LOL... I wonder if blackwaterstout even cares anymore?
*lol yeah i still care. i have to admit though that the bickering has gotten a little old at this point. i understand that everyone has their favorites. the majority of advise ive gotten in this thread deal with polaris and yamaha. But in all honesty im still leaning toward suzuki

there are several things i really like about the SP500. Most notably its strong work and utility capability. iI like the racks and storage. I think the ride would be nice at times but overall it might be too soft for when i want to play around with it. i dont like the automobile style single brake and i dont think id care too much for the awd system. id prefer to have more control of it.

I also like the grizzly. Ive always liked yamaha and i think i prefer the ride to that of the polaris. I've heard great things about yamahas tranny and it sounds rock solid. I dont like the instrument cluster. Its a little too far down and Id prefer it to sit up higher like all the other brands. The grizz is also more expensive and as you can tell im on a pretty tight budget.

I'm leaning toward the KQ simply because i think it offers the best features/performance/price ratio of anything out there. In most cases i can get a fuel injected KQ AXI for the price of a carborated equivlent grizzly. I'd also get a bike thats physically a little bigger to fit my frame and like the Grizzly i'd have 100% complete control over the 4wd options unlike the polaris. I admittly still havent ridden a KQ but lots of reviews I've read say its one of the bedst.

I'm no longer considering Honda at all.

This threads certainly been interesting but ive tried to not be influenced too much by peoples hatred for a particular brand.

Quick Reply: About to take the plunge and buy a 4-wheeler. Suggestions