Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Not sure on which ATV is best for me

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 02:49 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's talk horsepower, would 500 be enough to have fun on the trails getting a bunch of hills and deliver the best performance for plowing snow or say the 650?
I double ride on my 350 many times and cant open it up on our trials here ,the trail conditions do not allow much faster then 35mph in any sections because they are so rough and narrow. Its the reason we leave the 4x4 trucks behind.

On faster gravels roads a 500 can hit 55mph easily just watch out for cars and trucks.
Not my type of ATV riding. I don,t like the idea of riding place where a Mini van can also go.

For plowing your going to be in low range anyways so your going to break wheel traction to the surface long before motor power no matter if its a 400cc or 800cc.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by BTB1337
Hey, here is the link, I'll post more details later as I don't have access to a computer or time for that atm Outlander MAX XT ATV Equipment & Accessories | Can-Am Off-Road US
Okay, the Icebreaker looks like it comes with a plow and windshield. Probably hand and thumb warmers too. It takes a couple minutes to take the plow off. Nothing major.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm not finding a way to edit the package to a different plow (the alpine flex with quick on/off with the pedal) and add a few things to it and buy it all together. any accessories you would say are semi-required or that would very much so improve the experience for the 650? max xt

Old 03-20-2014, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by BTB1337
i'm not finding a way to edit the package to a different plow (the alpine flex with quick on/off with the pedal) and add a few things to it and buy it all together. any accessories you would say are semi-required or that would very much so improve the experience for the 650? max xt
650 Max XT already comes with a 3000 lb. winch, (My model year was a Warn. Not sure of the most recent model. Probably ask the dealer) front and rear brush guards, aluminum wheels, power steering, 26" tires, hand guards, and a 625 watt magneto for powering all the electrical accessories. Nice packeage. The only thing I would add is a cargo box made for the Outlander, and skid plates if you are going to be riding extremely rocky areas. Not sure how the factory skid plates are on the new G2 chassis.

The poly blade shown with the Icebreaker package is the Alpine Flex plow and I believe that comes with the quick attach package.