Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Need Help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 10:57 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get landowner permission before you ride an area or risk getting shot for trespassing. A bunch of snowmobilers went off the road to get around all the private property and no trespassing signs, and the chain we had across our private road to keep uninvited guests out. I walked out in the front yard of the cabin with a rifle in my hands. They didn't even stop to say hello when they saw me standing there. How rude. They turned around in the garden and got the heck out of there before I really got angry with them.

P.S. Does anyone know if it's against the law to shoot at vehicles on your own land? I would only have aimed for the engine blocks of the snowmobiles, and not the a-holes riding them. Moving targets would make it a challenge but I did love a challenge back then.

Old 02-14-2018, 11:23 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
P.S. Does anyone know if it's against the law to shoot at vehicles on your own land? I would only have aimed for the engine blocks of the snowmobiles, and not the a-holes riding them. Moving targets would make it a challenge but I did love a challenge back then.
I think it's only illegal if you wound them and leave them suffering. Best to go for the head shot. Then they can't complain to some liberal newspaper and find a lawyer to sue you for them tresspassing on your land. Do you have a cinder block walk around your property? NO? Then how are they supposed to know they are tresspassing? Some stupid little sign? The cops comming after them? That doesn't mean it's not ok for THEM to ride there, just other people.

Old 02-14-2018, 11:42 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It would be very easy to disappear someone on 80 acres of private land in the middle of a national forest in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, but I wouldn't do that. It would be illegal. You could stay in that cabin for years and never see anyone except for that one group of idiots.