Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

THE PERFECT QUAD !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2001 | 05:22 PM
|
Trailblazer

I keep reading these posts, everybody complaining about why nobody builds the perfect quad, in their opinion. And then, "mine is better, faster, etc. than yours." Then, just look at the lists of "mods" everybody lists on their quads. Why does it matter who built it or how they designed it? It seems to me most people are going to spend hundreds of dollars changing them anyway! And, I'm guessing, about half are spending their parent's money anyway. I just wonder why anyone would be involved in a sport if they are so unhappy with everything the manufactures put on the market? Why not get your education, which, from a lot of the spelling I see on here, quite a few are neglecting, and then get involved with the industry where you can have some POSITIVE input in the market? Just an old man's observations. I'm sure we'll see a lot of immature replys to this post, but that's OK. Might even be a couple who agree with me? Jim

Old 10-07-2001 | 06:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

I've also wondered about the finances behind the machines mentioned here. Seems a lot of the people with new quads are under 18. Just an observation.

Old 10-07-2001 | 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

You might take this as immature, but I am 23, bought my own quad,spent my own money on my upgrades(not much right now),and bought my own truck along with another truck, and working on getting a trailer right now. Yes it does bother me to see all these young people busting up there quads because they know Mom or Dad will pay to fix them. I am sometimes a little too careful when I ride but in the long run it cost me less. I look at it this way, if I break it I have to fix it.

Just my 2 cents!!!

Old 10-07-2001 | 09:02 PM
|
Trailblazer

OhioScrambler, on the contrary! You sound like a pretty responsible guy to me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-07-2001 | 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

im 16 and i work my *** off for every penny stuck into my quadracer and 250r. and all the money iv borrowed from the rents has been payed off already.

Old 10-08-2001 | 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

Am glad to see that LBZfreestyler. I love to see it when young kids show responsibility, and pay for there own things. I started out that way, and have been that way ever since.

Great Job LBZ[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-09-2001 | 03:42 PM

i'm under 18, my parents haven't even looked at my quad for more than two seconds let alone buy or fix it, it still isn't running! and i've got more money than my parents! ever since I was ten years old I've wanted a quad, you could definitely call it an obsession. this year I finally purchased my rolling chassis quadracer with a basket case engine for 700 bucks, that was every last penny I had. I've saved 500 up since then and I am trying to find an engine. If anyone has an engine they would like to sell I will buy it.

Old 10-10-2001 | 10:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just to let u guys know im 16 and i go to school and work so i can pay for my 4wheeler and everything i put on it my parents havent paid for nethin i put on it it was all my hard and money put in and i need to buy a new swingarm with my own hard earned money draing my account but i still pay with out my parents help.

Old 10-12-2001 | 10:48 AM
Trailblazer

ive owned 3 quads, and my parents have never, EVER, even thought for one second about puttings a penny into my four wheeler. when i was ten, i forked cow crap from barns to pay for my mojave. when i was fourteen, i worked in a milk barn and two farms and three tobacco feilds to pay for the debt between my mojave and a 300ex. then when i was 16, which i am now, i traded my 300ex to my tecate4.. i've payed for all parts and mods. i had over 2,000.00 dollars worth of mods in my 300ex, and i paid for all of it. i've got friends who's parents have bought them brand new, 5,000.00 dollars fourwheelers, and buy them all the extra parts, but i promise you, they dont appreciate their 4 wheeler nearly as much as i do, i know my parents are teaching me to be responsible by making me pay,, i think all kids should have to work and pay for anything like this. i just wanted to let you know that not all 16 year olds are spoiled brats,,some of us are hard working people who deserve what we have.

Old 10-12-2001 | 02:38 PM
Pro Rider

Some of us old guys get a little frustrated with the manufacturers too. When you see Honda coming out with a 55hp, aluminum framed, super trick dirt bike without a single warning sticker on it and compare it to what us ATVers have to choose from, you see a pretty big performance disparity. True, the manufacturers are trying to thread their way around some sticky liability issues, but that doesn't explain away all of the design flaws seen on every new sport quad out there, from the Raptor's balsa wood axel to Honda's hamster powered EX's. The short shrift Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, et al are giving to their ATV divisions breeds a certain amount of contempt from consumers.

Sorry about the crappy spelling. You kids pay attention in school or you'll find yourself having to work like a mad man to pay for all your toys!

Quick Reply: THE PERFECT QUAD !!!!!