Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

New Atv

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2000, 11:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi I will be ridding in Southern Ca and am looking for a good sport quad. I am 14 years old. i have exsperance with my older Yamaha. Thanks for any info. I will mostly ride at Glamis.

Old 03-13-2000, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish you had mentioned how much money you were able to spend./That would make a big difference in suggesting possible rides to you. Having had no experience or desire to get into duning, I'm certainly no authority on hot set-ups for sand, but generally the two strokes seem to be very effective and popular machines at Glamis or similar locales. For your age & assuming typical size & weight, the Blaster can be set up as a fun duner, as can be a Banshee with considerably more investment. If your Dad has deep pockets, the new Bombardier certainly would be a good choice in spite of the weight & a 4 stroke. I ride a Warrior and know several people who ride at Glamis,Yuma,& other dune areas on that bike & they seem to have a lot of fun by simply rejetting & switching to paddles.
So the real question is, how much money do you have, how serious do you want to get into duning, and what is your present skill level?
I hope I have given you at least something to think about.

Old 03-14-2000, 06:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have another choce now should i take a 250r how do they run in dunes. I will get this atv for free ,my dad is giving it to my since he can no longer ride it. Would this be to much power ?

Old 03-14-2000, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL,
Free is always good! Just cuz the power is there doesn't mean you have to use it all right away. Unlike a light switch it responds to something else besides off & on.Just take a little time & get accustomed to the hit in the band & where it comes on . Get used to the machine & you'll do fine. You know when the R was in production it was legal to sell a new one to a 14 yr old. That was before Big Brother decided he knew what was best for all of us.

Old 03-14-2000, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

Good bike you will not have to upgrade to a faster one for a long long time.

Old 03-16-2000, 09:16 AM
Range Rover

I have a TrailBlazer but i gotta tell you the best made atv in the world is a FREE atv.
Take what you can get!!!!!!

Old 03-16-2000, 11:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Have you looked into a Honda Recon?

Old 03-17-2000, 08:15 AM
Trailblazer

honda 300ex all the way