Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

WHY SO DARN HIGH?????????

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2002, 05:56 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHY SO DARN HIGH?????????

I've been lookin at ATV thinking of getting one. I now live in Sedona Arizona but I just moved form Illinois. Wanting to compare prices I called a few dealers back in Illinois and went around to dealers in Arizona. How come I can buy out the door either a Honda Rincon. Yamaha Grizzly, or a Polaris Sportsman 700 for A thousand dollars or more cheaper in Illinois then Arizona?? That is also paying Illinois state tax that I think is 7.5% not 100% sure on the tax but all were 1k plus less then the best price I could get in Arizona I know outside of maybe a hundred more in shipping the dealer in Arizona doesn't pay a penny more for the ATV then the dealer in Illinois pays. Big rip off it is. Anyone know any dealers in AZ area that want to sell ATV rather then rake you over the coals?? If you do let me know. If not for a 1k maybe i'll wait tell sometime next year when I will have to go back to Illinois and just bbuy their and bring it back Thanks iif know a dealer let me know Chuck (Sedona,AZ)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 11-30-2002, 03:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

hi lostone
why donīt you buy in canada, they are even cheaper there.
I will import a sportsman 700 to germany at around can $ 9500 (6200 US).
I only have 1 offer yet (cycleworld toronto).
would like to get more dealer addresses and offers from canada.
have traveled arizona and come also through sedona. what a lovely place.
bye
werner

Old 12-01-2002, 07:12 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

Bavaria is quite the beautiful place! Iwould love to ride my ATV there. We vacationed there for 7 days and enjoyed the country and it's friendly people. You made a great choice with the 700.

Old 12-02-2002, 04:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

hi weedy
bavaria is nice when it is not raining. but now we have wet days since at least 6 weeks - almost daily rain. never had an autum like that. feel like emigrating to warmer places. my polaris wants to run not to rust.
and texas was missing on my list. so I went there last september, 2 days before the 11th. I like the history of the old west. my favourite places are therefore old pioneer villages. I went with a friend from houston down to brownsville visiting Kings Ranch, Alamo, Lexingten Carrier. been also to san antonio, austin, new braunfels. on this route werenīt many old or famous towns. we had only 10 days, which is good to see Lichtenstein, but not enough to see entire texas.
In houston I did a little test ride on the Prairie but only at a dealers premises. but texas is really something special, like bavaria. I enjoyed it and could feel the history. people were nice, I always found someone to talk to, whether in the country saloon or on the beaches. I would like to start a western saloon here in bavaria, but it is not so easy to find the right place, to many building laws.
we have a rebuilt western town , called Pullman City, about 65 miles away. very authentic and busy. the saloon has bands also from amerika. now I remember one big night in texas. we went to Grune House, the oldest saloon, near Braunfels.
well weedy, I īd like to hear from you.
bye