Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

****** Mehaflydr ******

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 04:48 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ****** Mehaflydr ******

I see your from St. Louis! Any suggestions as to which dealer is good to deal with? I'm looking to purchase an ATV by end of summer.....

In order:
1. Honda Foreman Rubicon (wish list)
2. Yamaha Kodiak 450 (wish list)
3. Honda Foreman ES (wish list)
4. Suzuki Eiger (close to my budget)
5. Honda Rancher ES or AT.

What I'll use my ATV for:
1. pulling cut logs/timber out of the way
2. Snow plow
3. Hunting
4. Hauling bags of feed
5. pulling a plow for (wildlife food plots)
6. Spreader

Anyone have suggestions as to which ATV listed above is best for these types of jobs?

Old 05-01-2003, 06:39 PM
Range Rover

Well it looks to me like your going to be doing mostly work, so I would go with the Honda 450ES which Hondas use pushrod engines so they produce more torque bottom end then any other ATV so they would pull better. If i was you i would get the 450 S, i wouldnt trust the ES, Electric and mud/water dont get along to well. But your better performers such as better Acceleration and Top end are going to The Eiger and Kodiak, I wouldnt get a Rubicon with the Automactic tranny, Auto trannys are nice but for pulling/work i would get a manuel. Hope this helps a lil.

Old 05-02-2003, 09:50 AM
Trailblazer

Eiger4x4-

Thanks for the information. I suppose you've thrown in another wrench for me to consider. I'd rather have an ES, the foot protection is nice (ie, footrest, keeps foot from slipping under back wheel). According to you the ES is not mud/water friendly? Correct? When you say 450 Honda, do you mean the Foreman 450 S? How about a Foreman Rubicon in an 'S' model?

-Thanks