CAN-AM (BRP) Ask an Expert! An area where experts in their field will answer Non-General or Non-Basic questions about your CAN-AM (BRP) ATV. ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE CAN-AM (BRP) SECTION. Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!
MrHorsepower and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.

ds650 skips after it warms up

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 08:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ds650 skips after it warms up

my 2000 ds has a total rebuild piston rings clutch stator pickup coils gone through carb 100 times stock carb loony tuned twin pipes it ran great for 6 months the all of a sudden it started to skip above half throttle i was told my ron woods cdi was breaking down i put the stock 1 back on same problem it runs great cold after about 5 min it start to skip after half throttle if i creep the throttle it revs out if i punch it it skips like its electrical which is all brand new thought intake boot was suckn air replaced it no change would a bad coolant sensor make it skip it runs like brand new at idle up to half throttle even when hot aferthat it skip ive sunk thousands it right now i just feel like pouring gas on it and light it on fire i rid in upstate new york

Old 04-14-2011, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider
I'm a Plumbing contractor and I have some old friends that always called me Pipelayer for some reason?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did you get the piston from and what compression is it and what gas do you have in it? I would guess its pre-igniting not for sure but its a big problem with the Ebay pistons saying they are 11to1 and are more like 13to1 because they give you a thin gasket. if its not that I would say jet down a little on top end.

Brian