CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Steering stem R & R

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering stem R & R

Originally posted by: PUSHINTHELIMIT
You're a f#ckin jerk jonnyairtime! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] The world isn't out to get you so chill!
Easy there young one....

If you can't take the heat... get outa the kitchen! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Basically... Who said anyone was "Out to get me"??? hehehehehe....
Sounds to me like you need to go back to the other forum... where kids play.

If you can't take my sarcasm.... then maybe you shouldn't read my posts. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2003, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

I don't mind the sarcasim at all, it's just that you don't appreciate the help I tryed to give you at all!!! I would have been better off not posting my help at all in the other thread but I'm not that kind of person![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2003, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

I've basically done almost everything....

Got the plastics off.
Got the tach and dash removed and brackets
Tank obviously removed
Tie rods removed
Removed the upper stem mount and lower bolts.....

HOW IN THE HECK IS THIS SUPPOSED TO FIT out the lower portion of the frame??????
And....
Can it come out the top?? It looks as if it can't due to the lower tie rod mount being so large.

I hate to be stupid about this.... but come on. I'm about to have the whole front end on my garage floor.... and from what it sounds, nobody has removed too much. Or so much you'd think you could powder coat the frame with a few more removed bolts [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

HELP!!

Old 09-02-2003, 07:52 PM
Trailblazer

You lift it up a little then feed it down through the lower left a-arm.....use a ratchet strap and compress the a-arm up and this will let it slide through.

Old 09-03-2003, 09:23 PM
Range Rover

It will definately come out the bottom. If I remember correctly, I got mine out through the frame. I'm sure I didn't have to mess with the a-arms. It was a tight fit, but after I took everything loose up top, I was given just enough room to tilt it over and squeeze it out. I obviously had the front of the quad raised up on jackstands pretty high, but it did come out.

Old 09-08-2003, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider

After all that... I took mine out the top.

I have no idea how you guys are getting them out the bottom... I almost didn't believe it would come out the top! Man... it's the tightest thing I've ever dealt with! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I also have to note.... TBR (Timmy Boy Design/Racing) ROCKS!!!!

I took my stem to them on Wednesday night before closing... they had it back to me by Friday at noon!!!! And the TIG welds are flawless!!! Craftmanship is top notch. And the price.... remarkable. Bryan is the man!!! I have to say... if you don't do business with them... you've gone to the wrong shop. Charlie... Bryan.... the best customer service I've dealt with in a loooooong time!! You can't go wrong with TBR fellas!! I'll be back for upper A-Arms really soon.... (Anyone want to buy my ASR upper arms??? Slightly used, one ride!)

Old 09-08-2003, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider

That's great about TBR. I wish I had such easy access to good shops.

I did manage to get my steering stem out and back in through the lower right a-arm. I just unbolted the top of the shock instead of using a ratchet strap.