CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Scooby's quad totaled??

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 11:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scooby's quad totaled??

Scooby sorry to hear about the bike. As for must of us members, we are sad to hear about the bike. We were glad to hear you were ok. It took alot of Ba!!s to go against the norm and build that monster of a machine. I dont have alot of knowledge on the ds, but if you need my help pm me. As for the recipts, if you cant find them maybe someone on here can help you with getting them. Good luck with the insurance companies. Dont let this get you down.

Old 06-04-2003, 12:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Dave,

Hey man, after you get done with wrestling your money out of that ladies insurance company, try to buy your quad back from them for pennys on the dollar.

I am sure with all our help we can get your quad back to ORIGINAL shape. Maybe the Insurance money can help pay for your TURBO,EFI,and other one-off parts, but if we can get your quad back to original shape after you buy it back, then you could sell the DS for an additional 4000 and help cover the costs even more, OR you could keep it and just have something to Ride, and hit the dunes.

I have a stock :
exhaust system
carb
axle
swing-arm
handle bars
air-box w/snorkle

I will give them to you, just tell me where and when to send them.

Kyle.(bigger)

Old 06-04-2003, 08:29 AM
Pro Rider

Just wanted you guys to know that it brings me great pleasure to see that people can still care for each other as much as all of you on the forum. You just dont see this anymore, almost anywhere. Its good to see that people are willing to reach out the helping hand for another. I have a bonestock DS Baja, but if there is anything i can do to help let me know.

This makes me feel good about being part of this forum, and I don't even know but maybe 3 or 4 of you.

Kenny

Old 06-04-2003, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider

Scooby, trully sorry to hear that you lost your quad. I am very glad to see that your ok. I know what it feels like to have one of these that you are so proud of and put alot of time into just to loose it. The guy that said the stuff about these forums members is right, they are unbeleivable!!! When I anounced that i was loosing my quad back in January I was overwhelmed with the responses I got. I showed my dad the thread and it brought him to literal tears to see the kind things people said about me and my quad. To this day I miss my quad like a lost family member that I could not save. The best thing though has been that I have retained all my freinds that I met here even though I dont see them much at all. I know i could show up to any of the big gatherings and always have a quad to ride and feel welcome, I know the same would be for you too!! My advice, take it or leave it, is to get your quad done again, rather it be a new one or fixing yours after buying it back. Right now I live my DS life through others it seems by always talking with DSaholic, Majorecho, and most of all helping Boxman make the Bottle Rocket. You have some options, take advantage of them to the fullest. I didnt have an option and there isnt a day that goes by that I dont hang my head low in sorrow that I cant go out to the garage and turn a wrench in the quest for more HP. Make the best decision for you but take your time and dont rush it. You had one of if not the baddest DS to date, it seems like John Force just lost his funny car.

Old 06-04-2003, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider

scobby sorry to hear about your quad. More than that the make Ds everyday they don't make scooby's everyday. Glad youa re okay

Old 06-04-2003, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

Can u say........ Ow my back!!! My neck too! AWWW damn my foot, my knee! I bet eventually that would pay for your DS. Joking, But that really sucks man! I would be so pissed. I dont think I could handle it and I would end up hurting someone.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2003, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider

Gald your OK Scobby, I've been following your progress since you got it, always thinking it takes a lot of patience and a lot of skill to make that quad work like it did, wish I couda seen it run, sorry for your loss

Old 06-05-2003, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

Man, that sucks. I would throw a **** fit at the person who did that to my quad. I'm not sure how I could help, but just give me a holler if you need anything. Our house was just broken into a few months ago, and the insurace company was real real nice about it. we didn't have recipts for a lot of things they took, like My Laptop, the surround sound in the family room, etc. and the insuranc told us to just go out and buy a comparibly priced one, and send them the bill. WOW. of course we went out and bought everything upgraded, but that was real nice of them to pay for it. But that's also a different type of insurance, too, so I don't know if they'd do that with you. Sorry man, if you come down there, you're welcome to ride our DS650.

Old 06-05-2003, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

Airraptor: Have your quad appraised by a professional appraiser. You know the independant kind. There are people out there that do that kind of stuff. Try to find someone who appraises Classic show cars or something like that. I had my 73 Challenger appraised by one of these guy's and he appraised it at $15k. The books and banks and insurance company's told me it was only worth a couple of grand.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] But the appraiser will give ou the appraisal and you take it to your insurance company and I think for a little bigger premium they will insure it for you. Good luck.

Old 06-05-2003, 07:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks for all the support!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

So far a claim is submitted, but no estimate action yet.

After the shock has worn off a little I looked at the damage briefly. It looks like the robust design of the DS helped minimize the damage. It's not a total loss, it can be rebuilt.

Scooby

Quick Reply: Scooby's quad totaled??