CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Engine Ice.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 06:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Ice.

Thanks for the info Ken.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] Like Hightower said I like the color in my clear hoses better than the green, but if its is eating stuff....well we can't have that now can we.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 06-10-2003, 07:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Engine Ice.

ceramic dissipates heats very well, as apposed to insulating. exhaust systems ceramic coated inside and out do quite a bit towards making a motor run cooler as well.
the DS cylinder is aluminum - no sleeve - with a nicasyl coating for wear resistance. this aluminum cylinder wicks heat away much faster than steel, resulting in warmer coolant temps, but cooler combustion chamber. ceramics serves a very similiar purpose. the cooling system's purpose, its only function, is to remove heat from the engine. heat robs power.

Ward - I've had it in my quad for 2 years, recnetly had stuff apart, and it all still looks brand new with no deposits of any kind anywhere, and no sings of adverse effects so far, for what its worth.

Old 06-10-2003, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Engine Ice.

hey guys last time i was at the dunes i saw a ds running an inline cooler on the oil return line as well as the coolant return line?? has anyone else tried this?? seems like kind of a good idea to also cool the oil with one of these things? what you guys think??
Jetjock16

Old 06-10-2003, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Engine Ice.

Hightower,
My Chevy truck and my motorhome came with DexCool too, and after seeing the effects of it I flushed out both and went green. The worst part of it is when the coolant fittings on the manifold corrode to a certain point they can't be removed and you end up pulling the manifold to remove the remnants (if possible) or replace the entire manifold! Ouch. A company called Dorman makes steel replacement fittings that are much heavier material than what came original, I also changed to these in my GMs.

DaSandBomb,
I think it was just time. I have been running Redline Water Wetter for over a year with no problems. It seemed to lower the temp by about 10-15 degrees on mine. I run 30% YamaCool, 10 % Redline, 60% distilled water. Max temp I've seen is 215.

Old 06-11-2003, 11:33 PM
Trailblazer
Default Engine Ice.

o yeah well im using stock lol. I was thinking about engine ice when i add to mine but i dont know now.....

Old 06-11-2003, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default Engine Ice.

oops I cant say that!

Old 06-12-2003, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default Engine Ice.

Well, i plan on doing a top end on the raptor and maybe going to 102mm piston (biggest you can fit in stock sleeve?) and ceramic coating it, and ceramic coating some new stainless steel valves. I will also get one of those inline cooler things, and ill run a mix of antifreeze water wetter and water. Right now im running straight anti freeze... Will it run hotter or cooler with water mixed in

Old 06-12-2003, 02:06 AM
Range Rover
Default Engine Ice.

I run the engine ice, two inline coolers, and my piston is ceramic coated, and it runs about 200 degreese on my guage all the time. I think im going to run the radiator shrouds next and see what difference that makes.

Old 06-12-2003, 02:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Engine Ice.

XxxX - water does dissipate heat better than antifreeze, way better. you just need antifreeze for lube, anticorrosion, and freeze protection of course. you definitely need to dilute to 50/50 at most, or even less - no need to run more antifreeze than what you need freeze protection for, and you'll run a little cooler.

Old 06-12-2003, 02:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default Engine Ice.

K thanks man, just wondering, got to get this thing running cooler

Quick Reply: Engine Ice.