CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

do not buy a ds650

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do not buy a ds650

Sounds like <FONT face=Verdana size=1>tlchicken5 was upset cuz he could not find reverse...... So it was a lemon [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Keep looking.. ...</FONT>

Old 06-16-2003, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider

..... when I was in the dealership some months ago, speaking with a friend of mine (Service Manager)... he said it goes in waves. People will come in and complain since some other guy they know complained... and it turns out that it's something like; "My rear spokes are coming loose, and I only have 200 miles on my bike." ...or... "My paint isn't as shiny as my friends bike, and he bought his the same week I did...."

People WILL ALWAYS complain. It may not be you or I... but there will always be someone who complains. Or more specific someone who buys a dirt bike and then complains when he rides it in Glamis... that there's sand in the airbox. (Specifically a friend of mine... who treats his stuff like it was free. He also just had his 1 year old F350 lemon lawed. He then bought a new F350 6.0 diesel and it's now in the shop... with the possibility of a new motor! This same guy would drive his truck in the dunes like it was a full travel sand car... and drive home pulling his trailer to have the turbo lock up. Hmmmm... Dealer found sand in the airbox and frozen bearings. GO FIGURE! Oh... and that same truck is the one that he lemon lawed.) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Anyway... sorry. This is a sore subject for me too.
But then it'll bring out the others too... I buy a new rear tire for my dirt bike because it's cheaper than the other. Not necessarily because it's a soft compound or hard compound. Because I don't really ride tracks I don't care... and I honestly can't tell a difference between the two where I ride. But I do have friends that nearly want the molecular breakdown of the rubber used.... and they suck! They can't even ride! Ohhhhh, it makes my blood boil. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] Or used to. Now I just count to 10. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Man... can I talk or what... I'm such a chatter box when I get in the groove. (Soory all... just ignore me!) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Plus these little symbols are cool additions to the post! LOL

Old 06-16-2003, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider

sounds like there is a problem with the thing on the seat. lol.

Old 06-16-2003, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: AlaskaYFM
Originally posted by: tlchicken5
hey alaska, i happen to own 5 quads and i am in a medical residency so lets not bash me
whats you job may i ask?
I'm an aerospace engineer at NASA-Langley Research Center

What's your point? Are you looking for credibility?
couldn't have thought of a better reply! lol

Old 06-16-2003, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider

You bought it in 02, and you just decided to complain about it? Also , it was like 250ex dressed up as a DS? Do you know what you even bought? Chickenboy, you don't sound to smart? what kind of medical residency are you involved in? chiopractor, nurse aid ,lab tech?, I hope you know more about your profession than you do about bikes? And whats up with that monikor "chicken" why not MD or doctor since you seem to be so intelligent? I think you are some 15 y/o kid with no prom date?

Old 06-16-2003, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

HEY, I'm 15 yet I have no trouble getting a prom date! LOL, just joking dude!

Old 06-16-2003, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

luckly me I droped out so I diden't need a prom date, LOL

Old 06-16-2003, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

Lucky you? That honestly sucks dude......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-16-2003, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider

not really I just got a jump on life I had a new raptor and truck before I was 18 plus 3 good years of exp.

Old 06-16-2003, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dsracer666
luckly me I droped out so I diden't need a prom date, LOL
We see that by your spelling... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

And ya know... it's **** date. Not prom date. LOL

Quick Reply: do not buy a ds650