CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

atv action open class shootout

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default atv action open class shootout

I was reading atv action ( make for some good entertainment in the sH**ter) and the Ds 650 rated out quite well against other quads inthe open class. The strange thing about winning the shootout though.
1. The ds was the fastest
2. The ds was best in whoops
3. The ds was sec in jumps
4. THe best motor/ tranny
5. Overall best suspension
6. The most usuable power band
The list goes on. But the ds lost because of its size and with. The say it is too hard to do wheelies. the haven't rode a real ds obiviously. the say it is a specialize quad for drag racing and dunes. I race my ds in XC every weekend. most Federal trails are 55 in wide and the ds fits just nicely. I worked in trail design and layout for the Fs and make sure it fits. But it seems like Polaris was the winning bidder in this shootout. Most advertising dollars paid. they didn't even use a 04 ds. well no whining the told most of the truth without losing their advertising money from polaris. By the way two of my friend bought predators and haven't had them 6 months and the have been in the shop for 4 months. The have serious electrical problem nobody talks about.

Old 06-18-2003, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

It's all about the $$$ for them man..... At least WE know our DS's are awesome...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2003, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

can hi torque publications be getting better? maybe they just can not avoid the truth anymore. i wonder if they can balance a check book?

Old 06-18-2003, 02:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Why would you need to balance a checkbook when your making more money in one month than you could spend in a lifetime. 2001 they did make the Ds the best bike of the year.

Old 06-18-2003, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider

I used to have a 440ex, I put +1 front wheels on it and ITP beadlocks on the rear. My Baja was a whopping 2 inches wider![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

I would like to know how much money bogus shootouts and tests have cost Bombardier in sales! Not to mention making our aftermarket parts so much higher because few companies produce them for lack of customers.

I ride the mountain trails of eastern Ky. and have never had to turn around because a trail was too tight.

'nuff said.

Dave

Old 06-18-2003, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider

I feel much better now!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2003, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

That is interesting, I mean I had heard of bombadier before but it was never really featured in the mags or bragged up very much so maybe I would have been steered that way if they had got more publicity than some other companies. I'm glad I found out the truth about these mags before I got another subscription. Peace and God bless.

Old 06-18-2003, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider

YOU HAVE A GOOD POINT THERE BECAUSE AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURES PAY AL OT OF ATTENTION TO SALES AND NOT MANY PEOPLE MAKAFTER MARKET STUFF FOR THE DS. tHAT IS WHY PARTS ARE SO HIGH.

Old 06-18-2003, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

its a cycle people don't make parts because theres not enought intrest, and there not as popluar do to lack of parts and high prices. life sucks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2003, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

I just read the ATV-Action Hi-performance shootout I thought that it was funny due to the fact that the same thing came out of the April 2003 the Great 8 Shootout. The DS kick A** and then the final answer was the Predator.
The DS L/W/H 77/50/46.5
The Predator L/W/H 71.5/47.5/45
So with the width being 2.5 larger than the Predator.
Don't get me wrong I am sure that the Predator is a kick a** bike once they get through their 1st year glitches.
All though I laughed when they bagged on the 700 in each test. I have a friend that talks SOOOOO much S**T about his 700. I bought it just so I can show him the shootout. LOL

Quick Reply: atv action open class shootout