CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Throttle dilemma.. Opinions please.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2003, 11:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle dilemma.. Opinions please.

Tyre check your pm. Site to check for cheaper.

Old 06-22-2003, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

Yup that would be the one. It comes with scott grips. I didn't like them. They where to hard for my taste. I go with the Renthal Dual layer meduim / soft. They wear out faster but their is much less fatigue in my hands with these.

Old 06-22-2003, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

Great! Thanks guys.

And uh 1bigdsrider...i never received a PM...

Thanks

Old 06-22-2003, 11:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

They wont even let me pm the site name dang. Try your pm again and let me know.

Old 06-23-2003, 12:26 AM
Trailblazer

Hightower did a post just a few days ago where he activated the pump and while using the lighter RWR return spring, he just unwound the spring to put more tension on it to overcome the accel pump. He did a long post on it. Go back and look for that post and he explains it very well.

Old 06-23-2003, 12:42 AM
Trailblazer

That post by Hightower is back on Sat, May 31, back about 7 pages. "TM 45 Made Sweet for the Thumb"

Old 06-23-2003, 12:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think Hightower's method would be cheaper & easier to give it a try wouldn't it? My personal opinion on twist throttle is that I hate them bar none. I've noticed though almost anyone who rode dirt bikes a good amount can easily use & often (not always) likes the twist. So if you've done a lot of dirt biking, you shouldn't have trouble with the twist.

Old 06-23-2003, 01:05 AM
Trailblazer

I'm with Hightower on this one. I really like the thumb throttle. I ride mainly at Kermit Sand Dunes and there is a trail around the outside of it that has a bunch of whoops, I mean a long section of whoops, and it is all you can do to hang on as hard as we ride it. I don't think there is anyway I could ride it like I do now with a twist throttle without crashing. Just my opinion. I am just about to get my TM 45 dialed in after going to stage 2 with some port work. When I get it where I want it, I am going to try the spring twist and activate the pump mtself.

Old 06-23-2003, 02:12 AM
Pro Rider

I was BIG on the thumb thing I even rode a friends twist and took a bit to figuer out I had to TWIST to let off the gas [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
BUT, I recently went to a twist on mine as I HATE how that thumb made my hand hurt, I never could adjust it right.. I absolutly LOVE LOVE LOVE my twist, I ride the woods hard, I jump, I slide I beat the heck out of it and I just love it!!! IN fact I think wheeles are easyer with the twist. I can hang on and twist at the same time. Its really not that bad.. I would never go back to a thumb I NEVER hurt after any rides..

PS, you can get a SWEET cable from Terry Cable and magura twist for around 45$ so if you dont like it go back to the thumb and seel it on on the eBay.

Old 06-23-2003, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DSHAWK:: you ride hard at kermit... sweet.. a new riding buddy.. ill show you how a twist throttle can rip around the perimeter trail.. well see if you can keep up.. he he.. no for real, i got to kermit all the time and always like hookin up with others for some good riding.. specialy for some serious riding.. im already all excited.. im probably going to go the weekend after the 4th.... when you going.. i ride with a crew of 250R's and they work that outside trail, so far im the only one that can keep up through all the whoops etc with a big bike.. they dont always make it up though.. but we have a blast.. lets ride..ill pm ya
Jetjock16

Quick Reply: Throttle dilemma.. Opinions please.