CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

anyone using the big gun quiet series pipe on a baja?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone using the big gun quiet series pipe on a baja?

as you can see from my message title i am hoping to get some feed back from anyone who is running the big gun quiet series on their baja and if you are using it i would like to know what you think of its performance compared to stock.i was going to go with the mbrp until i read that they are not U.S.F.S. approved and i have to have that approval where i ride.i will probably get some of you telling me to use a different system for more power but i have to watch the decibel levels as well as have the U.S.F.S. designation.any info would be appreciated because i will be buying as soon as i can find a suitable system.

Old 06-23-2003, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

Does the actual pipe have to be approved? or can there be a approved insert you stick in the pipe? just wondering?

Old 06-23-2003, 12:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Are you sure it HAS to be USFS approved, and not just Spark Arrested? the MBRP comes in a spark arrested version as well. In my experience, when a pipe says USFS approved, they don't do a lot of inspection at the check in points, however if it does not they have a 24" metal rod that they stick in the exhaust & if it goes in, your out of luck, if it stops (IE: a screen or similar type of spark arrestor) you are fine. You may want to check on your local rules for that. I also head a good recomendation on sound that I want to try: by adding extra spark arrestor screens, you should be able to cut down the noise (as well as flow) of the exhaust. This could be good if you need to quite down your machine for certain riding areas. In California, all ATVs for non-competition use must be 96db or less as on Jan. 1st, 2003. I haven't had anyone run a sound test yet, however I'm sure the day will come.

Old 06-23-2003, 01:44 AM
Pro Rider

BLACKHAWK- i may be imposing limits on myself with thinking that my pipe needs to be U.S.F.S. approved so i e mailed the forest service to find out for sure but i believe it has to be. thanks for your input