CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lovin my DS' even more!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lovin my DS' even more!

To tell you the truth i think they are underrated, and highly overlooked (like when you hear, "damn that thing is huge", blah!!). I wasnt tryin to cut the raptor down at all, i was just trying to give a quick comparison. I got nothing but respect for ppl who ride them. Both machines are made for two different types of riding tho. And to add, i wouldnt mind having either one, around here ppl could care less what type of machine you run. Were all just out to have fun. DS's can get beat and they can lose, cuz just like you said there are alot different factors when racing.

RoughRider

Old 07-24-2003, 02:39 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lovin my DS' even more!

Roughrider,

Well, you inspired me. I went out and bought a K&N filter and a 170 main jet. I then took the end cap off my DS and was amazed that any air had gotten by the huge baffle at all! I cut a 3" hole in the stock end cap and had the local muffler shop weld a stainless turn down pipe into it. They set it into the cap about 3/4" and it fits great. I fired it up today and it really sounds good.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'll install the jet and the new filter tomorrow before we head out for Sandlake. If anyone wants to stop by, we'll be in the Sandbeach campground in space #3 from tomorrow night until Aug. 2nd. I also changed to a 15/42 sprocket setup. Can't wait to find the piped Raptor that was edging me out last time I was there.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Mike