CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

04 Baja X

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 01:21 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Baja X

does any one know if the changes for 2004 will help the biG bomb in the woods(length, width, weight) I am looking for a new ride to use for trails, a little racing and woods. I am thinking of the PRED, BAJA X, VFORCE, or may be a yfz450. I am a bigger guy at 200 and i have a budjet of $6000 or lower. I want it to be comfortable mount for all day and still be able to do jumps, powerslides, and ect on demand

PS just wondering if any one uses the 650 in the woods and how it works for you + does the lack of reverse come into play much

Old 07-09-2003, 04:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 04 Baja X

I ride 75% woods trails on my DS excusively, sold my others because of it.
of the quads you listed, the V-force is the only one with reverse. reverse is of no use - why go back, you were just there, right? always look ahead, don't stop in a spot you can't pull out of, plan ahead for everything, its part of the fun.

my DS is stock width 50", most people have a very hardtime keeping up with me, and I challenge all who disagree. nerfs are a must, the biggest benefit is they keep you from hooking trees with the rear tires - the biggest hazard plagueing a DS. get nerfs and ride hard with no worries.

For a 200lbs. rider I highly recommend the DS, nothing is more comfortable, but the price of the X is gonna be out of your budget of $6K. I suggest a standard DS, with nerfs added by you.

Old 07-09-2003, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider
Default 04 Baja X

If you take a look at ebay and type in DS650, you will find about 5 machines for sale right now. Some with lots of mods, which is great, and some that are still stock which is great to. But all much lower than retail. I agree with hightower, at 200 lbs., (I go 215) there is no beating the ride of the DS. The best thing to do is, go to your local dealer, check it out for yourself. But check out the other quads first, so you can see the difference. No competition. But whatever your choice is, just enjoy.

DStroyer

Old 07-09-2003, 11:14 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default 04 Baja X

well i'm tring to figure these woods things out, if i wanted to just ride in the trees a dirt bike seems better, but i have ridden with my friends there, and i didn't see any of them blowing there the trees, seems everyone had a fear of hitting them. well if it is of any value i have noticed that when we trail ride it seems people like me to lead thru the trees i guess they figure if i can make it there safe, and the new version should be a little easier.

Old 07-09-2003, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default 04 Baja X

I guess I miss read your question, sorry,
But as far as woods go, I live in Wisconsin and all we have are tight woods riding available to us. No problems here. I ride at Haspin Acres in Indiana as often as I can, and that has to have the most technical woods I have ever seen. Tons of dangerous hill climbs, logs, tree roots, rocks, off camber down hill turns, and I think the DS's torque and stability are perfect for that. Not to mention the heavier front end comes in really handy on steep inclines. The rappy boys should know what im talking about. The new baha is supposed to be 1.5" narrower and shorter (wheel base), and loose approx 20 lbs. Not sure of the wieght loss, but its not a tremendous amount. But every little bit counts. If I didnt have so much invested in my 2000, I would probably upgrade to the 04.

DStroyer

Old 07-09-2003, 01:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Default 04 Baja X

does anyone know if the 04 a-arms are going to be interchangeable???

Old 07-09-2003, 07:19 PM
Trailblazer
Default 04 Baja X

My best friend just bought a brand new, in the crate, 2003 DS650 Baja on EBAY for $5390+$350 shipping to California from Ohio = $5740 out the door! . Now all he has to do is pay the Califonia DMV about $480 tax & lic fee for a total of $6220. That is a good deal! It's not a 2004 but it is the next best quad you could ever want. Forget the used ones.....get the new one you can trust.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
To find it on Ebay search "2003 Bombardier"
P.S. 200 lbs riders are not big, just finished growing! 300+lbs riders are Big![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-09-2003, 10:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 04 Baja X

yo Dstroyer, I frequent Haspin too.

You know, everybody buys an average size quad and then sinks $1K in making it longer and wider, my buddy's 400ex is 50" wide! Then you got this ohter side of the fence that says the DS is too wide. Bologna.
Unless you're racing for slips, the DS width will not slow you down any significant amount to worry about, and once you get used to it you'll never go back to a mini quad again.

Old 07-09-2003, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default 04 Baja X

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
does anyone know if the 04 a-arms are going to be interchangeable???
I heard they will be as well as the aluminum swing arm.

Old 07-10-2003, 12:18 AM
Range Rover
Default 04 Baja X

thanks for the input guys. I know it will be way out of my range now but I think that the old expezz 30 will be goin toward and that should(hopefully) take aboutt 1500-2000 offf of the price tag

Quick Reply: 04 Baja X