CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

04 Baja X

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 12:24 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Baja X

how fast are you guys riding thru the trees? are going really fast and don't know if you will fit thru? i know i fit on all the trails around here and there is hundreds of miles of them but i wouldn't try to go 60 thru them but then again some of the warriors i ride with don't either and that is a narrow quad. i guess i just don't understand the width thing, if i couldn't ride my ds thru fast i don't think i would want to ride the honda thru fast. maybe i just don't do that kind of riding, so if someone could explain it better that would be great. i'd like to know how fast people are riding thier quads thru a 51" trail even if it is a warrior. we always hear this as being a problem on the ds, i've never thought it was and being in oregon we have trees. if i had a complaint it was with the stock tires i would get stuck in the deep snow, now that made me mad when the little blaster floated thru with the big tires, but there again big tires on a ds would solve that problem. i guess i have a hard time believeing people ride good enough to blase thru the trees so fast and are not to worried about hitting a front tire on a tree. well thanks for any help on this subject.

Old 07-10-2003, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider
Default 04 Baja X

Hightower,

Are you planning any more trips to Haspin for this summer. A few friends and I were just there a couple of weeks ago, but will probably go back in August. Also, there are about 20 members of our ATV club heading to Silver Lake next weekend the 18th - 20th. Hopefully Alba can get my head back in time to get it all reassembled. Im gonna be burnin the midnight oil to get that thing ready. A few of us are going to get onto a local dyno machine to dial it in thursday before we leave.

Anyway, as far as 51" trails, no one can really blaze a 51" trail without clipping a few trees. But like most trail systems, they are at least 6' from all the riding, thats blazable. lol. Haspin Acres is very technical and mostly 1st or 2nd gear, mostly 1st. Its all good though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
DStroyer

Old 07-10-2003, 10:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default 04 Baja X

well if there 6 feet that is almost a foot of clearance on each side that all seems good still probably not wot but i could see some 3rd gear there. thanks for the info, i know some of the stuff here has to be 50" i've had to pull up from the side and let my tires slide around the trees that is why i was wondering how fast people could be going.

Old 07-10-2003, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default 04 Baja X

That is a good deal. but I will never pay full price f9or a ds again.The resale vale is crap. For a machine to be so durable and trouble free dealers act like they are buying a yugo or something. The bike is great it's just like a expensive sports car that is ruled as no good. If you can't afford one you can't comment.

Old 07-10-2003, 06:43 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default 04 Baja X

i wouldn't sell to soon if people figure out these things wheelie they may get a lot better on resale.