CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What can happen if I reuse my oil filter?!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What can happen if I reuse my oil filter?!?

Oh, how much $$$ are they?

Old 07-15-2003, 11:22 PM
Elite Pro Rider

couldn't say mine came with them, but when you see how simple they are you will think why didn't they do that start with. i wouldn't think more than 20 and that is in canada money[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-15-2003, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

Roger that. I'll check with my dealer tomorrow.

Thanks sandman and everyone else that replied.

Old 07-16-2003, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

tyre let me know how much it is, i've been thinkin about doing it

Old 07-16-2003, 05:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Lilnotts,

Buy the 2001 oil filter cover, it's going to be around $20 US. Don't worry about the cost though, think of it this way: extra oil filtration is almost like buying added insurance protection. This being the one and only time you could spend a measly $20 (what, 30 CA?) to get a signifcant upgrade to the 'insuance' that an oil filter provides, you've just got to.

TyreSpinner,

Who are you getting the longer oil filters from for $5? What brand are the filters, Bombardier or an OEM filter? The shops around here sell the filter for $8 - $9 US. I've been looking for a place to buy some filters for cheaper and then pay a little in shipping on a dozen or so filters so that I can save some cash - if I find a reasonable price the difference in price & local taxes will easily save me the cost of shipping.

Old 07-16-2003, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

I bought the long ones from a local ATV shop. It is not made by Bombardier. I'm unsure who makes them..but the supplier is Kimpex. I got them for 4.95$ canadian...which is about 3$ US.

Jeff..

Old 07-16-2003, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

Id use it until you get the new one just make sure you clean the screen in the tank when you put the new one in. Punisher whats your prob you are so blunt and brash to people. Were you abussed as a child. This is not the first thread Ive noticed it. I bet you hit your rev limiter a lot. The guy just asked a simple question.

Old 07-16-2003, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

blackhawk, i know royal distribution sells ds filters now but now sure for wat year tho, i think they're like $6,
i looked on the kimpex site but they have nothing listed for the mighty bomb

Old 07-16-2003, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider

Mr. Meaner, I am not wound up as much as you think I am. But the repetitive posts about the dsame thing drive me a little insane sometimes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I am trying to save the poor kid from having to rebuild his engine is all I am doing. Just ask Annihalater! Cost him $1700.00 to rebuild his because he thought he could reuse his filter. Personally I would rather spend $40.00 bucks and have a filter and cover overnighted in and have a nice weekend out than pay 2K for a rebuild! Wouldn't you agree? I am sorry if I seem a bit testy but my bark is worse than my bite. Also it has been a really sh!tty year for me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Take care, and have fun.

Old 07-16-2003, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

Thats all we wanted was your opinion not your attitude. Sorry about your year but I dont want to hear about it anymore than you want to hear repeat threads but I guess we will have to live with it. No offense just my opinion

Quick Reply: What can happen if I reuse my oil filter?!?