CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Is this the death nail to Bombadier?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this the death nail to Bombadier?

Wow someone ones been hitting the crack pipe this weekend. For all you non believers. Rotax is a division of Bombardier. If you have any doubts go to www.rotax.bombardier.com. Its seems that Bombardier bought Rotax in the 70's. Check the history link on the website. That would be the reason the plant is in Austria. As far as BMW making the DS motor couldnt be any farther from the truth. The Aprilia Pegaso also uses the 650 Rotax motor except with a 5 valve head.

Old 07-20-2003, 03:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

here's some cool stuff - that 5 valve head on the Aprilia is direct fuel ingection, and somebody is in the process of aquiring the system for install on their DS! no, its not me.....

Old 07-20-2003, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

I realize that a few of the prevoius remarks were just an attempt to start some siznit but for those of you that really think that Bombardier will go out of business or reduce their R&D expendatures, think of this.

Bomb. Rec. Products was the only segment of the company that remained profitable over the last year or so. Bomb is selling it to help pay down the huge debt on their aerospace div. This was actually explained on their website a few months ago.

Bomb Rec Products is quickly and quietly becomming a leader in quad and PWC sales. Skidoo has always been one of the finest snowmobiles on the market

They sell a huge amount of products to the Canadian (among others) Government.

If you look at all the facts the answer has to be NO!! they are not going out of business, in fact the oppisite is true as was mentioned by others in this thread but if you are a pessimist and it makes you feel better to fear the worst, my appologies and disregard this post

Old 07-20-2003, 05:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hightower
here's some cool stuff - that 5 valve head on the Aprilia is direct fuel ingection, and somebody is in the process of aquiring the system for install on their DS! no, its not me.....
Now that I didn't know!

Fuel injection and turbos sure go well together. . . [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-20-2003, 07:52 PM
cop
Pro Rider

Rotax is owned by Bombardier. Rotax motors are in all of their jet skis, snowmobiles and quads. Rotax and bombardier are like vortex and general motors

Old 07-20-2003, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

What do I hear?!? ARe those the spelling *****?!? Yes it is.

It's vortec not vortex. It's actually not quite the same...Vortec is a name that GM gave to their truck motors (except for Duramax, which is made by Isuzu). Rotax is a company by itself that is owned by Bombardier. That's why Rotax powers many other things not made by Bomb.

Jeff

Old 07-21-2003, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

The dealers have known about it for a month or two. Dealer news has the report. They said they are droping all but the flight stuff. I think that was last mounth Dealer news.

Old 07-22-2003, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

Dropping?

Thats an outright lie...

Old 07-22-2003, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

I read the article in atv sport. it was a one paragraph blurb, that could literaly been taken from a press release 6 months ago. It didn't state any facts, it didn't say why they are selling off the rec. division. Hell, from just reading the article, you would think that it was just getting rid of it's quad division. I would be very suprised if one of Bombardier's lawyers hasn't already contacted the editor with a few choice words about printing slanderous misinformation. I thought it was outragous that I knew more information about the deal six months ago than the magazine would print this month.

-Tom

Old 07-22-2003, 03:02 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

BMW F650s also come with fuel injection as well. I don't know if it's standard or an option. I believe it's only been available in the last couple years.
I'll probably get flak for saying this but Suzuki took a motor they already produce and stuck it in a copy of the Honda 400ex frame. Beef up the clutch and output shaft change the cams or timing for more low end and add reverse. My guess is more thought went into the plastic design than the rest of the quad. Just my 2 cents. None of these companies have reinvented the wheel. I'd say the R&D goes into keeping the bikes together.

Quick Reply: Is this the death nail to Bombadier?