CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

who bought the ds for it's looks

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who bought the ds for it's looks

Initially, I was enamored with the DS650's appearance and displacement. However, once I threw a leg over it and discovered how much comfort, stability, and quality it offered, I decided right then that my Banshee was no longer the quad for me. I really hate riding with my knees in my chest![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

As Hightower said, it is unique, original, & groundbreaking. Bombardier has shown that it truly has vision![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2003, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

I own a Raptor, but I still like the way the DS's look. I really like the removable little mini fenders that you can take off real easy. Those bikes just seem bulletproof.

Old 07-27-2003, 02:08 AM
Range Rover

seems like the top reasons to buy the ds was for comfort and the motor.

Old 07-29-2003, 11:32 AM
Trailblazer

I agree with u blastnbaja and also the size of the DS what one of the turn ons too.

Old 07-29-2003, 05:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I got the Ds for one reason only, I go 6'3" and 320+. The Ds just fit me better.

Old 07-29-2003, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

I didn't necessarily fall in love with it's looks....
I thought the Halloween Pumpkin was killer for several reasons;

- It was built tough. 530 chain, rim savers, hand guards... etc
- It was a 650 4 stroke.
- Killer suspension as stock
...etc

I had just sold a '94 Banshee for $6800. (I had a lot into it... as it was built for Baja/desert)
I took that money and bought an '03 Baja outright and even had some $$ leftover!!

BUT NOW....
I love what it looks like since I've done many changes....
(click on my link below to see just how much it's changed!!!)

I LOVE MY DS!!!
They put the "bomb" in Bombardier!!!

Old 08-04-2003, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider

I remember the 400 EX was the rave. Everyone had one. Everywhere ya went there was either a Shee or a 400 EX. I liked the 400 EX at the time but I got a thing against red (I hate the new color scheme of the DS).

Then a friend of mine bought over a magazine with the DS650 on the cover of it. I fell in love with it right then and there. At the time I was unemployed, but I said to myself when I get some loot mustered I will get me one of these.

About 8 months later I bought a mini atv for my son (his first one) and upon loading it in the bed of the truck I overheard someone say the dealer will be carrying DS650's. At the time no one in NJ was selling them only in PA or NY. I asked him when will they have one in. I gave him my phone number and asked him to contact me as SOON as one comes in. Sure enough they called and I left work early to see this thing. I was enthralled and intimidated. It was rather large compared to my Suzuki LT250 but it just looked so well built. About 2 months later I sold the Suzuki and I picked up my bombardier DS 650. I never forget the first day I took it out to a track. I couldn't ride it (I never rode track let along on a new quad) and everyone was staring at me. All these 400 Exers were flagging me down. It was great. It got a lot of attention until the Raptors came out. Eventually Raptor riders were flagging me down as well asking for a ride. Some liked some didn't.

Raptor is sweet looking too. I think I fortunate to have two of the worlds best quads out there.

Old 08-06-2003, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

The first time I saw it I was hooked. I had a LT500R for 13 years and love the wide long quads. The DS was the obvious choice. There is nothing like that seat. Everyone that sits on it falls in love with the lazy boy. You never see anyone taking a second look at a Raptor anymore. I love unique bikes.

Old 08-06-2003, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

Pads your right.. the DS defintely gets attention. Raptors are everywhere. What gets me is when people aske me if I own a Polaris lol

Old 08-06-2003, 10:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider

i kind of like introducing a new raptor to the ds experience, they read these mags and think they should rip on the ds, plus the fact of the 720 it gets them.

Quick Reply: who bought the ds for it's looks