CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

who bought the ds for it's looks

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 02:21 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who bought the ds for it's looks

just was wondering who fell in love with the looks of the ds-650 before ever sitting on it. What first drew me towards the ds-650 was its looks. and after i rode it i fell in love with its power and suspension and over all ride comfort. so what was the main reason for you guys in buying a ds-650.

Old 07-26-2003, 02:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The reason I bought my 2001 and then 2003 DS650s:

In 1999 on these same forums, a user named Darby Crash made a post asking people to provide details for their ideal ATV. I described the DS650 almost exactly - I wanted it to be wider, more durable, a 600 cc 4 stroke as well as look good. Well, when the DS650 came out, it was exactly what I wanted, with an extra 50ccs to boot! After two and a half years I can say that I've been extremely happy with my machines.

Old 07-26-2003, 02:47 AM
Pro Rider

wen i first wanted a better quad i was lookin toward the raptor cuz of the looks, and one of my bros friends had a ds and i was talkin 2 him one day and he said it stomp a rappy, n he let me take it for a ride, after that i knew exactly wat i wanted

Old 07-26-2003, 03:01 AM
Range Rover

yeah i must say that the raptor is a sweet looking quad, but i wanted something different. everyone had a raptor and ds-650 were rare to come across when you would go riding. To this day the ds is still a unique looking quad and not as seen as much as the other quads.

Old 07-26-2003, 03:06 AM
Pro Rider

Yes the looks is what caught my eye at first but then when I rode one for the first time I thought I accedently put a juicy stain on the gas tank cover...... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2003, 03:17 AM
Pro Rider

well wen i got my ds there wasn't many raptors around, like 2 or 3 so that didn't influence my decision at all

Old 07-26-2003, 03:21 AM
Pro Rider

I originaly wanted the raptor.. the DS was too much.. Then I found mine used but never ridden.. He bought it in november and never rode it.. His wife could not drive a clutch so they bought scrabmlers.. heheh. So I got mine used/new in May for 4700 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2003, 04:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

fenders - the first and only fenders that are actually fenders in the sense that they actually do block crap from the front wheels, unlike any other quad in existance! that's what caught my eye, and then when I went to see one for the first time and sat on it, I went home with it an hour later! I drove 4-1/2 hours to go see it, my wife was just my girlfriend at that time, or else I might not have been able to make such a hasty decision!
It was, is, and shall remain a truly unique and all original quad design, and is forever deemed the founder of the big-bore wars.

Old 07-26-2003, 04:46 AM
Pro Rider

A friend of mine is a cart racer and had Rotax power in them. I was always impressed with the power that these little engines made and when I made the connection that Bombardier made Rotax my decision was made. It was big, fast, and had a good racing heritage from day one. The looks I think could use a little work, not exactly an italian masterpiece but not bad either.

Old 07-26-2003, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider

I like the way the Raptor looks. I was looking at getting one because the price was much less then the DS. Then I sat on it and the DS and the decision was simple. Im only 5' 7" and the Raptor felt like a toy to me. I guess it takes a certain type of man to ride a DS. The Bombardier name and Rotax motor also helped to make the decision quite easy. In the end it didnt matter if I was financing 5500 or 6500. I just wanted to be happy and that I am.

Quick Reply: who bought the ds for it's looks