CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Hydraulic Clutch.....concerns

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydraulic Clutch.....concerns

I'm ready to plung into getting one. One of the main reasons I want one is cause when you upgrade the spings that clutch lever becomes incredibly harder to pull in. However I was told with a hydraulic clutch if the springs are too stiff the clutch won't disenage/engage fully and that the springs actually flex the case. Anyone using a hydraulic clutch can give some input here? What springs your using, what setup. I also heard that Magura now offers a kit for the DS with the EZ pull lever. I just want to spend my money in the right place and not regret it down the road.

Old 07-26-2003, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider

I'm using the 60% RW springs and the clutch is just a little bit stiffer than stock. Easy to get used to.

Old 07-26-2003, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

That's what I want 60% stiffer springs.... what kind of difference did it make for ya? I'm concerned with adding a hydraulic clutch it won't engage/disenage properly if I get one down the road.

Keep in mind I also ride MX. Occasionally you need to drop it down to 2nd gear and pulling in a stiff clutch will fatigue you to the point your dangerously barely hanging on.

Old 07-26-2003, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Entomber
Keep in mind I also ride MX. Occasionally you need to drop it down to 2nd gear and pulling in a stiff clutch will fatigue you to the point your dangerously barely hanging on.
Seems like you need to hit the gym instead of the MX track...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2003, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

I think the 60% springs will work for you just fine. My clutch was starting to slip so I went with the stiffer springs to pull my 9 paddle extreme haulers.

Old 07-26-2003, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

TyreSpinner,

No time for gym, barely enuff time for MX track. The DS does have a stiff clutch... if anything can be done to lessen it I'd spend for it. I rode a cannondale and the hydraulic clutch is a DREAM. I wouldn't mind having something like that on a DS.

Old 07-26-2003, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

I don't mind it one bit...JMO.

Maybe my hand is just so strong because I do a lot of, uh...nevermind.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2003, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah Perhaps that is.. I'm a righty anyway so I'm still stuck with a deft hand lol. Tyre you seem like at all guy (6 +) prob doesn't bother you as much as me. I just want a Hydra clutch and stiff springs so it doesn't slip. I'm on a quest to spank my Stage III buddy and my clutch is defintely slipping and I don't want a hard to pull clutch to cause misery when I ride my DS.

Old 07-26-2003, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

Yea im a righty too...hehe

How do you know how tall I am? Just a guess?

Old 07-26-2003, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

I wouldn't mind having one myself. I have a stock ds650 and the clutch cable is stiff and prob. needs to be replaced but at $80.00 I would reather put that to a new clutch set up. I broke my wrist (scafiod) bone back in Sept. 15 2002. I went 2 weeks before I found out it was broken. got a cast put on & 6 weeks latter it didn't heal so surgery. 5 1/2 mons. latter I finnally got the cast off, a total of 7 mons. with a cast on this sucked. now I'm just 2 1/2 mons. in to physical therapy and have only 50% of strenght and movement. I need something better for a clutch so I can ride competively, in drag racing. I will never be able to ride MX and be in the top 90%. Owell, any help. Thanks!
Joe

Quick Reply: Hydraulic Clutch.....concerns