CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Silver Lake... anyone wanna come along?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silver Lake... anyone wanna come along?

I'm heaing out to Michigan, Silver Lake the last week of August. Anyone care to come along. I was surprised to see only 10 if not less DS650's there last years. I'm planning to stay a week there with the fam. Anyone going let me know...

Old 07-26-2003, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave, I will be there at least 1 day!! I would take my family, but school starts Aug 20th, what's up with that ? School should start after labor day.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Anybody know which is the best day to go over the Labor Day weekend ?

Entomber is making the trip all the way from the East Coast ! I hope some forum members will make it.

Old 07-26-2003, 09:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Boy I want to, not sure if I can. I'll try though

Old 07-26-2003, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

Hightower don't give me that poor excuse...lol. I'm looking to get my big bore kit. I finally started working on my DS today. I removed the bent tie rod but the battery is COMPLETELY dead. I also need a front rider side fender bracket. Dealer want's waaaaayyyy too much for them. I wanted to remove my head and cylinder tomorrow to ship to TVI on Monday but I just got my Lectron carb and I'm ITCHING to see what kind of gains I will get with this carb (I sent it out to be dialed in, the carb is cryptic in it's adjustments). I'm also going to look into bigger paddles. Last year I was sinking in everything. Unless I was moving I would sink in. C'mon Hightower I want ya to come along I know it's a 5hr ride but You can crash at my place over the weekend. You'll have to sleep on a couch over there at the place I'm renting and I'll keep the lilttle girl in the bed with me an her moms.

Wayne, why don't you and the fam come out for a weekend!? Lucy and the wife I'm sure will get along. So will Ty and Matt. Let's gooooooo.... besides... if I get the work I want done to my DS I might be able to challenge ya in a drag.

I'm still trying to locate info if Matt can ride there or not.

Old 07-27-2003, 08:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Okay, if I go the only day I could is friday aug. 29th, and the only day I could accomidate you at the Badlands if you so choose to hit it too while you are out here is saturday the 30th. If the 30th doesn't work for your schedule then that's cool, just hit it without me! boy dude, the Badlands will be packed, so will Silver Lake.

So Wayne - wanna meet up around your place and ride up together? I'd be happy to stow my DS away in your covered trailer!

Hey, I don't wanna put you guys out Entomber - I can sleep in my tent like I always do.
What info you need for Matt?
Seeing how its a holiday weekend, I can just about guarantee they will be checking for sparky's and possibly even dB checks for sound too. they check sound at 4,000rpm so most pipes pass easy, but if anybody's worried you might try to find a place that can check yours before you drive out. Be sure you got either screens or disks, because it'd be a bummer to sit out after driving that far. flags can be bought there if you don't have one, and if you do have one it has to be like 10' off the ground - there's a pole that it must touch at the entrance gate, which has an attendent - same person checking for sparky's and dB's.

Old 07-27-2003, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for Reminding hightower, Matt doesn't have a place to stick a pole nor does he have a spark arrester. I need to find a welder to weld a flab pole holder onto his rear bumper on a quad. He also doesn't have a spark arrester. His starter is dead so I need to order one but I will ask if they have a spark arrester for his pipe. My son has a WICKED quad. He has a 90 with a ported cylinder, head, pipe, carb, reeds, new clucth, and a transkit (it's a automatic). 2 strokes are so much more responsive to 4 strokes in the hop up area and it seems a bit cheaper to hop up to. I'm dying to see him ride this thing in some power area. High, Wayne if you guys come along you need to take this thing out for a spin. You'll be so surprised.

I'm working on my DS today from the wreck. I want to get it all to spec and most likely next weekend I'll remove the cylidner. Drag racing anyone?

Old 07-27-2003, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

I can't wate to get back there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]I love to drag my DS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It is going to be nutty there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Need to get more video[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-27-2003, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider

Racer you going? I have tons of videos of last year.. man I gotta get a web page going to show them. I saw some sick *** shee's over there. Plan on everyone taking a group shot this year.

Old 07-27-2003, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

I will be out there the 30th and 31st[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] yellow DS with ATV Connection flag[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-27-2003, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

Cool.. anyone else coming along!? I'm slaving over my DS now. I need a few more dealer parts. I thought I needed one more. I just installed my lectron. I like it already... much more than the TM45. Doesn't stumble, throttle is just as easy as stock on a DS carb.

Quick Reply: Silver Lake... anyone wanna come along?