CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Talk about problem's with new ds650's 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2000, 08:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck...

Old 06-02-2000, 08:26 AM
Pro Rider

Rich!? I wouldn't say that. Willing to part with a large amount of cash? Maybe...

I picked my bike up in Sarnia Ontario for only $6268 OTD, that beats the hell out of buying a new banshee in my opinion.

BTW, I pronounce Bombardier exactly how it's spelled (Bomb-bar-dier) however I've noticed the Canadians say it as (Bomb-bar-sheay) The training video that came with it is hilarious, they say it over and over and over.

Old 06-03-2000, 02:29 PM
Trailblazer

Bomber, I have the backfiring problem too. My dealer changed the needle position, jets, and there is a slow idle screw on the atv they adjusted that seemed to help tremendousley. You may want to suggest that to them.

Old 06-03-2000, 10:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I told you before that it is the sensor, not the transmission!!!!!!! The sensor may read in gear but you are actually in neutral. When the clutch is released or you move the shift lever slightly, the sensor sometimes will then read neutral. Do not pay any attention to that neutral sensor!!!!

Old 06-07-2000, 03:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

What was the resolution?

Old 06-09-2000, 04:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have received a letter in the mail from bombardier sayin that the circlip in the wheels were placed backwards i havent got it repaired yet but i will some time thank god there fixin it for free.

MX400EXKID

Old 06-12-2000, 12:07 PM
Pro Rider

Well I finally had my first problem with my DS. I was riding Saturday and all of a sudden I started hearing a metal on metal grinding sound. At first I thought for sure something went wrong internally in the engine. I stopped quickly, rev’d it up a few times, and nothing. Started rolling again and I heard it again. Upon inspection of the chain and axle, the top chain roller was missing! I moved the bike out of the way and searched the immediate area and sure enough, there it was lying on the ground. After inspection of the roller it looked as if it were cut from the center out with a knife (a very thin cut). To my surprise the roller was made out of soft rubber unlike those on my Kawasaki bikes (hard polyurethane) and the center piece was cheap plastic maybe 2 mills thick.

I promptly returned home, taking it easy on the bike. Lubed the roller up heavily and popped it back on, hoping I could continue riding that day. Well, I had to ride so lightly it wasn’t that much fun. Every time I got on the bike hard the roller would just pop off again. Unfortunately all this happened 10 minutes after the dealer closed!

I just got off the phone with them today and only found more disappointment. Since I bought my bike in Canada, US dealerships won’t accept the warranty!!!! They can check by the bike’s VIN whether or not it came from the states or across the border. I’m sure the roller doesn’t cost much, but what a **** of ****!

Buying the bike in Canada didn’t seem to save me that much money after all. Especially considering the fact I have to drive over the border now.

Just thought I’d share. Perhaps I’ll write Bombardier and find out the facts on the warranty issue.

Later

Old 06-12-2000, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider

Ouch!

Keep us updated.

Old 06-12-2000, 04:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Call Bombardier Headquarters and ask them about it.

Old 06-12-2000, 08:31 PM
Trailblazer

How would any one in this forum compare the Bombardier DS650 to a TRX 250R in a MX track. I know there was a test between both of them on one of the magazines. However, I don't allways trust their shot-outs.

Quick Reply: Talk about problem's with new ds650's 2