CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Titax Sprockets

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Titax Sprockets

Anybody ever use Titax sprockets of anykind? Are they engineered good?

Old 07-29-2003, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default Titax Sprockets

I hope so, I just bought a 15 tooth front sprocket..lol

Old 07-29-2003, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Titax Sprockets

I have them in 14 and 15.. They work great.... No wear and tear yet... very strong.

Old 07-29-2003, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default Titax Sprockets

Most of us Desert Racers use These

Old 07-29-2003, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Titax Sprockets

Well, thats good to know. And I may go to them. If I could say more about why I am asking about Titax, I would. I found a stainless steel sprocket (40T) that I purchased from a few weeks ago. The finish doesn't really inspire me, but I thought that maybe thats just the way stainless sprockets are. What do you guys think. Here is a Close Up.

Old 07-29-2003, 08:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Titax Sprockets

I have used Titax and Primary Drive, both economy sprockets that do not last as long as the higher priced sprockets. not from wear - from hooking. the teeth in my experiences have hooked faster than the stock sprocket and the sprocket I got from RWR (not sure who makes theirs). Now I'm not ******* them - if you bought 3 Titax for the price of one higher end, the 3 Titaxes will outlast the one higher end.
You can also notice the finish on the surface of the teeth are not as good, but it hasn't seemed to cause any kind of chain roller wear that I can notice.

Old 07-29-2003, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Titax Sprockets

Can someone please explain to me why NOBODY makes STEEL rear sprockets larger than stock (40 teeth) for the DS?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

It's very frustrating! I simply do not understand why ANYONE would put an ALUMINUM sprocket on a DS! Whatever?![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 07-29-2003, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Titax Sprockets

Originally posted by: Hightower
I have used Titax and Primary Drive, both economy sprockets that do not last as long as the higher priced sprockets. not from wear - from hooking. the teeth in my experiences have hooked faster than the stock sprocket and the sprocket I got from RWR (not sure who makes theirs). Now I'm not ******* them - if you bought 3 Titax for the price of one higher end, the 3 Titaxes will outlast the one higher end.
You can also notice the finish on the surface of the teeth are not as good, but it hasn't seemed to cause any kind of chain roller wear that I can notice.

Hightower, thats good info. I'm not worried about anybody ******* anybody else. As you probabaly guessed, I'm looking for honest opinions about sprockets. As far as aluminum, there are a lot of people that order them. I think they tend to last a season or so no matter who makes them. However, I was looking at stainless and tool steel as another alternative. Thanks for the input.

Marky

Old 07-29-2003, 10:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Titax Sprockets

i think there ok they seem to last as long as the ones i got from alba and they were 33 bucks

Old 07-29-2003, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default Titax Sprockets

Originally posted by: TheSorb
Can someone please explain to me why NOBODY makes STEEL rear sprockets larger than stock (40 teeth) for the DS?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

It's very frustrating! I simply do not understand why ANYONE would put an ALUMINUM sprocket on a DS! Whatever?![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
FYI - Lot of people make steel, stainless steel, and tool steel (I am finding out), its just that very few retailers carry them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] . I dont know why that is, but none-the-less, its true. I can have any tooth size made for any chain for any bolt pattern by Titax-. From the numbers, it looks like Hardended Steel should be offered for around $25 retail. NO JOKE! The stainless one above, should retail for about $45 (yep, the stainless is more than the tool steel -go figure [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]. To get a batch made, you need to have 10 of the very same ordered at one time. I don't know where this info will go, but if the quality isnt there, than forget it. Again, any input is a good thing.

Quick Reply: Titax Sprockets