CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

drag raced the 720

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003 | 03:11 AM
|
Elite Pro Rider
Default drag raced the 720

well i figured out what really fast is. first i have never raced on a tree before, so picking your time was all new to me. second i have been debating a extended swingarm, that is over now. ok little sandman raced the first two days and got a runner up trophy pretty cool thing. well third day came time for me and mrs sandman short of that was we both got put out in the second round but we were the last few four strokes i think i learned how that sandbagging thing worked.

ok entered the king of the dunes straight up drags lose and leave, single cylinder class run what you brung, lost to a quadzilla in a drag frame, i was just happy to have made it to the last race it was a fast quadzilla but when you don't have anything but a frame and a wheelie bar it should be fast. well i got a runner up trophy for that so that caused a few odd looks with the ds sporting a race trophy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

the of site races were pretty fun they were a lot longer than the 300 feet and that is were my ds shines i wasn't beating many out of the gate but give it a little time to work and it would shine. hurt a lot of raptors feelings.

the bad news there was some young kids on those 450's and i swear they were unbelieveable fast i lost to them more than i won, and yes i said i lost to them, they had cam mods and they were small riders and they knew a lot of tricks for those machines, they thought they were getting 55 hp. man they were hard to catch it took a good 400ft.. i know i could change a few things to be quicker but i'm not sure that is the only kind of riding that i want to do.