CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

banshee or baja?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 05:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default banshee or baja?

bigslim78 The problem with banshees is they are never just piped and jetted. you guys just try to pass them off as only piped cuz that's the only thing you can physically see done to it.
LOL…

Old 08-06-2003, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default banshee or baja?

if the time of a 2 stroke is over why dont they build 4 strokes that will run with 2 strokes when mine was stock with pipes and jets i was beating piped d s 650s with big alky carbs and cdi box with no rev limiter so i give credit were its due and its only due to a 2 stroke

Old 12-12-2004, 02:23 AM
Trailblazer
Default banshee or baja?

ha ha the reason so many people have banshees is bacause they are sooo good did you ever think of that? why would they keep makin them and people keep buyin them if they were a peice of junk? And yes the bajas are unique but let me tell you this for the price you pay for a new one here its $12500 and a banshee is $8000 let me tell you if I put that difference of $5500 into my banshee it would be that ds650 no matter what way you look at it. Just my 2 cents

Old 12-12-2004, 02:57 AM
Pro Rider
Default banshee or baja?

i have to agree with the duck, theres not many 4-strokes that will hang with 12 to 15000$ banshee, but why in he$$ some one would dump that much money in quad that will only go in a straight line for a 100 yds is beyond me....its kinda like an old wore out trailor house,u can reenforce the walls, redesign the roof,u can even make them two story now(no offence to anyone from arkansas) but at the end of the day u still have a OLD WORE OUT TRAILOR.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2004, 04:25 AM
Pro Rider
Default banshee or baja?

a banshee is a fast bike, i've never seen just a piped jetted one tho, always hooked up, and the banshee owners sayin they spank DS's all day need to race someone else besides that 1 friend wit a 2001 DS, my personal experience wit banshees are my Baja stock vs drag setup banshee, he jumped me off the line but i caught him past 3rd, and a "piped jetted" one vs my curent setup, i saw him at the start and waited for him at the finish.
i'd race them again but their motors r needing a rebuild, must be that awesome 2stroke quality...

Old 12-12-2004, 06:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default banshee or baja?

Originally posted by: bansherider25
ha ha the reason so many people have banshees is bacause they are sooo good did you ever think of that? why would they keep makin them and people keep buyin them if they were a peice of junk? And yes the bajas are unique but let me tell you this for the price you pay for a new one here its $12500 and a banshee is $8000 let me tell you if I put that difference of $5500 into my banshee it would be that ds650 no matter what way you look at it. Just my 2 cents

That is expensive where do you live?

Old 12-12-2004, 11:06 AM
Trailblazer
Default banshee or baja?

piped and jetted, my banshee ran a 5.68 at atoka... big carbs added, it ran a 5.45. From what i've seen, barely any ds's that aren't bigbores, strokers, or ported are breaking a 5.8... Now given i wasn't around this season, because i have since joined the Navy and have been stuck on hold in chicago... but i just really don't see things changing much. It's a shame that the day of the river flourished the way that it did. i can remember 15 people dragging at a time and 50 more waiting for their turn. And what was it that ruled the day 9 times out of ten? Banshee... weather it was rex, aaron, Gary, or Doug on tate's old bike... 9 times out of ten it was the banshee. Pretty much the only thing other than Jake's 350r that was ever the fastest, was Maybe DSMIKE or Dollarbill's bikes. Also, as far as bikes that aren't really fixed up goes... Brandon had the only decent ds, and even he got beat. It all depends on the day out there. But then again what do i know? i mean i haven't exactly been around lately.

From what i remember when i took 2nd in the watermellon nationals at atoka, the only thing that beat me was Kevin self's ported 686 on nitrous... all of the ds's went out 1st round.

Old 12-12-2004, 11:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default banshee or baja?

Originally posted by: bansherider25
Had to bring up this old debate, sooo good? No, so easy to make fast!!!!!!! There is nothing like having a fast shee come chase you down to drag race your nice looking ds only to get left in the dust with a [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] look on his face. Priceless!!!!

Old 12-12-2004, 01:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default banshee or baja?

LOL...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2004, 05:23 PM
Trailblazer
Default banshee or baja?

My prices were in Canadian dollors incase you were wonderin. Also they are bouth wicked quads and should be a good race!

Quick Reply: banshee or baja?