CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

how do u lock up your DS?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 03:51 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do u lock up your DS?

i noticed all the recent threads in the last couple weeks about close calls with people trying to rip off people's quads, so here's the thing, we all have ways we each keep our quads locked up at home, so for the people with not so solid security we can learn from the people who really have they're stuff locked up tight, i have a big u lock thru the swingarm and a cable tying it to a jetski stand, and last a lock thru the rear disc, so how does everybody else keep they're property safe? i don't like to hear how quads get ripped off, idea's anyone?

Old 08-05-2003, 08:12 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

I think locking them up at all times is a good idea, as is insurance just in case. A good whack with an axe and your cable is history. Good chain is better but make sure they can't use bolt cutters on the lock. There is no real way to stop a thief just slow them down enoug to make them reconsider. I watched a cop show once and they had a little hand held plasma torch that cut through locks with the wave of a hand.

Old 08-05-2003, 09:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider

i've been told locks just keep honest men honest, thiefs can get any lock off. buy the insurance.

Old 08-05-2003, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider

BONK BONK[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] or tred lightly and swing your big d*ick.... BONK BONK[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2003, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider

At home my DS id parked behind a 6' fence with a 125lb Wolf Hybrid waiting for some fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

When I'm out at the dunes and not on the DS, it's chained to the 5th wheel with a bunch of beer cans laying around for noise. I have no tolerance for criminals and will shoot first and ask questions later. A 1,000,000 candle power spot light and 147g hydra shock is good.

Old 08-05-2003, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

In the garage I chain it to a really ugly Yamaha nose to nose with a kryptonite new york chain. I also unplug the garage door opener when we're not around. I had a friend have his truck broken into just to get to the opener and they stole a dirt bike from him.

Old 08-05-2003, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider

State Farm Insurance.
take your tires off and put them in your closet.

Old 08-05-2003, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

i got a big mean dog sleeping in the garage right next to the quads. then i back up the car with the quad behind it.

Old 08-05-2003, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

Besides my lock and chain there is that little thing called a PIT BULL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Well, maybe not so little [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2003, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

I use the brand "CLUB" cable and locks. The cables are extra heavy duty and the locks are sealed so sand does not get in them. I think the cable is about 20' long! - Good for locking up two quads. Plus, they are Bombardier yellow! Find them at Walmart or GI Joes if you live in the Pacific Northwest.

Quick Reply: how do u lock up your DS?