CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Stolen Quads

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen Quads

Last THursday I showed a guy who was interested in buying my ds my quad at my shop. He said he was interested but did not have all the money. I told him first come first serve with cash in hand. Friday night I we loaded my R1 street bike on the trailer and my wifes R6 and we headed to a bike meet in Atlanta, Ga. The alarm was on in the house but the shop did not have an alarm.When we got back all our quads were gone. Even the utility quad and a Corona Racing Snap On tool box.full of Craftsman and snap on tools. The only reason my Car was not gone was because it was in the garage at the house. Missing a all black Ds 2002, budlight 412 ex and a purple 520 banshee withcpi inframes.

Old 08-05-2003, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default Stolen Quads

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Do you have insurance?!?

Old 08-05-2003, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Stolen Quads

I am really sorry to hear that man![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Unfortunatley it seems you guys down there in the southern states have a lot of quad theives running around. I would buy a couple of huge greasy Rottweilers and let them roam around the house while you are gone!!

Old 08-05-2003, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default Stolen Quads

I don't know about the rest of you but here in Nebraska the state does not have any registration or titling for ATVs so it makes it real hard to find stolen quads. : I guess the good thing is that we don't pay taxes on used quads. Also if the owner or owners friends find the quad and thief ............BONK BONK WHOOOOOPPPPPPPPIIIIISSSSSHHHH!!!!!! anyone want to go fishing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] and nobody saw anything[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] AND hey looky looky someone returned my wheeler.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] or if all else fails we call Paco (my imaginary friend) and he'll take care of everything.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2003, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default Stolen Quads

Where I live, EVERY quad needs to be registered and MUST have a license plate (I hear you americans don't have such a thing...). If your caught on a quad or with a quad (even in a trailer) without a plate...here comes the fine.

Insurance is not mandatory, but it is if you ride on organized ATV trails or snowmobile trails. I settle with paying 242$ a year, but if my quad gets ripped off, I have insurance to back me up.

And here we have to pay taxes on new AND used quads....so basicly the government collects taxes each time a quad changes hands...But if you find an appraiser that you know...he can probably appraise it for like 1/3 of what you paid for it...and only pay the tax for that.

Sorry I went off-subject there a litte.

Old 08-05-2003, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default Stolen Quads

When ever I have something for sale I only give my work address for people to look at the goods.

Old 08-05-2003, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stolen Quads

Originally posted by: BlueLeader
When ever I have something for sale I only give my work address for people to look at the goods.

That is a great Idea! I will ask a name and phone # , even where they live, before I tell someone where I live to look at something I got for sale, I also will take it out of my barn and put it in the garage when they show up, so they don't see all my stuff.

Old 08-05-2003, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default Stolen Quads

Originally posted by: BlueLeader

That works for me I work at PDHQ, IT Department

Old 08-05-2003, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default Stolen Quads

I did the same thing with those scam artists! I told them my stuff was out in a storage facility on the other side of town.

Old 08-05-2003, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default Stolen Quads

You too Bill?

If you look at my pics you'll notice that I've already taken the punishers advice regarding quad security with the Rotts.

Quick Reply: Stolen Quads