CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Stolen Quads

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen Quads

I know someone who was selling a motorcycle. A guy came to his house to look at it. Drove up in a nice Bronco. Asked if he could take a test ride saying he would leave his truck in the driveway.......so he took a test ride and never came back. The truck was stolen and there was a screwdriver in the ignition.

Old 08-05-2003, 10:38 PM
Trailblazer
Default Stolen Quads

I just had my brand new Kawi V-Force that was bored out to a 785 ripped off last weekend. Called the cops and they took a statement and told me good luck. Called the insurance company and they do not want to pay for any motor work, just the stock unit. Plus 30-60 days to get a check from them to buy a new one!

Old 08-05-2003, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default Stolen Quads

This sucks! Another atv solen. This will not stop until we catch these guys & there is more than one group that is doing this. We just here what is in the forums. I never let anyone come to my house to buy a atv, motor cycle or anything. Most of the time when I have them get me at work, they want it but never hear from them most of the time. The ones that really want to buy it check my back ground I'm sure just like I do. Every time we talk or meet I take records of each contact. I take PH#s from caller ID. How & whom they found out about it, tag #, no paper tags this is a dead give away. No checks, just Chashiers check with there thumb print. You can get the ink cheap. Always pick a place where there is a copy machine to copy DL#. & picture. This sucks but it is up to us to catch these guys and or women. If they are in a hurry this is also not good. I know they can get a address & stop by but they haven't had a chance to scope out my place & they have to find out what type of locks & how many. Where the dogs are @ and does he have a gun and where, also the security cameras that I bought off of Ebay(cheap $28.00 I think) that work great. I have wired one in the garage & a wireless to the house. Plus know your friends & keep your enemys closer so you now what they are doing. I'm lucky, most of my neigbers are retired & don't work & @ home nearly 24/7 & other ones that work @ home so they let me now when someone stopped @ my house. Also I'm lucky because my brother lives in the same area 10 house away & he is a postal worker with a hand gun permit. HeHeHeHe. I work 1 1/2" miles from work so everytime I go to lunch or coming back to the office I also drive buy before I go back to work, this helps out. They don't know when I'll drive buy the house. Also the town judge lives next to his house so the cops always are driving by to check up. I just hate to say this but it it up to all of us to police ourselves and catch these guys. They might get my stuff but they will have to work there asses off & truely get lucky for the risk & with the security camera I will get them later! Like I always say smile @ the camera before the dog or gun![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Is it worth your life you steeling basturds?

Old 08-06-2003, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider
Default Stolen Quads

I just noticed an all black DS for sale on Ebay, Maybe the guy is really dumb!

Old 08-06-2003, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default Stolen Quads

I have insurance on the quads but like some one mentioned earlier you can only get the value of a stock quad. All my quads had motor and suspension work. I also have a rott but he a 11 year old house dog.

Old 08-06-2003, 11:47 AM
Range Rover
Default Stolen Quads

I do believe that all black DS is a fellow forum member. At least the user name looks the same as his name on the forum

Old 08-06-2003, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default Stolen Quads

Yes it's JMAC's DS650 on ebay.... Why is he dumb fir that? That wasn't very nice to say..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2003, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default Stolen Quads

He meant that IF it was the same stolen quad...