CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

new rwr cdi on its way

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 09:57 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new rwr cdi on its way

just ordered a rons wood cdi, and just wanted to ask if i still have to rigg the wires to fit properly on the baja. has ron woods changed the connectors so that it just plugs into the baja's plug? just asking because i remember reading that the plugs don't match. anyone know if they fixed this problem?

Old 08-12-2003, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, you do have to rig the wiring and there are no plans to change it, according to Ron Wood. The rewiring is easy & every one now is shipped with instructions on how to wire - so they say .... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-12-2003, 10:27 PM
Range Rover

so what would be the best method on keeping the wires connected, i read that pulling the apart the plug and pluging them directly into the rons unit is a good way to do it, only you have to put some type of shrink plastic to hold it together. any other good ideas out there.

Old 08-12-2003, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

The best, strongest method would be soldering and shrink wrapping. However, there are plenty of good squeeze connectors out there.

Old 08-12-2003, 10:39 PM
Range Rover

so matching the wires w/ the wire diagram and using simple squeeze connectors wil do it, simple enough. how about putting silicone on the connections, is that neccesary? Just read that in another post and want to know if that's recommended or if i can do w/ out. and off the subject should i upgrade from 20" razr's to 22" razr's, i'd hate to spend the extra cash, but if it is a big improvement i'll probably do it. along w/ 22" tires do i need to change gearing?

Old 08-13-2003, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: blastnbaja
so matching the wires w/ the wire diagram and using simple squeeze connectors wil do it, simple enough. how about putting silicone on the connections, is that neccesary? Just read that in another post and want to know if that's recommended or if i can do w/ out. and off the subject should i upgrade from 20" razr's to 22" razr's, i'd hate to spend the extra cash, but if it is a big improvement i'll probably do it. along w/ 22" tires do i need to change gearing?

Sure, even better.