CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

couple Q's on St A's

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 05:52 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default couple Q's on St A's

Its ON>>!! i got the vacation set up and im going.. I was going to Glamis, but ive been there a couple times and cant resist the stories ive heard about the IDAHO sand... Any way ill be up there OCT 25,26,27 time frame.. any advice is appreciated.. couple questions.....
First is it true what ive heard there are hotel/motels real close to the sand dunes.. like you could ride your quad to them? or how far from the dunes are they? if we decided to camp do you need reservations.. those days would be durning the week so shouldnt be too busy?.. and bike restrictions.. particularly ORV Sticker and Sound... TX does not have ORV stickers and Glamis always fusses about that , does Idaho Care? and my Yosh is Way loud.. anyone checking? anything else i need to know.. any of yall going then?
thanks Guys
Jetjock16

Old 08-18-2003, 07:23 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

OK...
Hotels are about 15 mins away, no riding from the hotels.
There is some camping you need reservations for. Mean Genes (Sand Hills) and the hook up spots at Desert Oasis. There is the new Lakes BLM site by thunder mountain, no reservarions, around 35 spots by then. There is primitave camping over by Sand Hills no reservations required, just a sandy flat spot.
Obviously weekdays are easy, weekends are not.
There are no restrictions for stickers or sound. Well , actually I think you are supposed to have it registered in your home state, but the Rangers in Idaho are cool. No worries. I might be able to go. If the checkbook and and the schedule are good, I ll go. Its only 3.5 hrs for me.
You won't regret it!

Old 08-18-2003, 07:29 PM
Trailblazer

Noise and permit info HERE. You will love it, spent 7 days up there in June. While we were there we met some people with VERY load machines but never once saw a BLM/Ranger. Saw a lot of rescue personel, they hauled out 4 people the first day we got there. Make sure you scout the area out before doing anything crazy.

Old 08-18-2003, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks guys, sounds great i cant wait!!

Old 08-18-2003, 11:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The big dunes are big. The fun factor is a 10 on a scale of 1-10 10 being best. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. The time frame you specify you might find it to get pretty cold and you may get snowed on or it may be a perfect 65 degree days and cool nights. The snow might just add to the fun factor. Enjoy. PS, get a paper and scan for jobs and housing. You might just want to move there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2003, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

You won't have to worry about any crowds at all. There will hardly be anyone there that time of year. And you bet your A@SS that it will be damn cold! Just bring some warm clothes with you and you will be all right. That is actually one of the best times of the year to go there I think. Havee fun, wish I could join you. And don't worry about the Rangers and pipe loudness rules, Rangers are almost non- existant and there isn't any decibel rules there.