CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lectron 46HV! First impressions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lectron 46HV! First impressions...

Can you use that carb on just a piped DS ?

Old 09-02-2003, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

Hey RacerX,

This is Dave on the Craptor over at Silver Lake. I saw you on the lot before entering the dunes. Man my Craptor gave me nothing but trouble.. next year I'll have a bad *** DS out there and I can blend in better with you guys instead of being a sore thumb.

Old 09-02-2003, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

Lectron 46 HV dyno's

racerx5x5, certainly, I did. I'm using a billet endcap.
Entomber, you will not lose anything with this carb. Gains from bottom to top! Look at the dynos and see for yourself.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2003, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

Butt are you using the stock thumb throttle and housing? I might take the dip? How much for the carb?

Old 09-02-2003, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks buttfugus for the info! I think this is a hot setup for a stock motor with end cap. Somebody has done there home work on this![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I just hope they are ready for the increase in business!
Thanks again!
Joe[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-03-2003, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

$500 for carb with twist throttle cable tuned and ready to bolt on and go, you can modify the stock thumb throttle housing with the lectron cable. I had mine done for about $20 . I removed the spring from the stock thumb throttle housing and the pull is very easy on the thumb! I sent in my stock carb intake and had it ported to match the carb. This carb runs better with the stock carb intake tube/airbox without the lid. I put a hose clamp about a 1/4 down the air tube. I also run a notoil airfilter in the stock airbox because it flows better than the k&n or stock filter.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-03-2003, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

Ouch... 500 bucks is pricey....well that's a 1 gran I'm going to spend on my DS. New exhaust and carb.. but after I get the 720 kit and my DS dialed in. He modified your stock thumb throttle as well? Is there a hole on the side? I grinded mine but it doesn't open all the way.. maybe like 1/8th of the slide still doesn't go all the way up.

Old 09-03-2003, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

Might need get one then, Bogus another $500

Old 09-03-2003, 02:54 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I was major impressed with that set up buttfungus. We went on a few runs thru the dunes, on one of them we were cruising at a fast clip when buttfungus cruised by me in a power wheelie. He is a big ds rider and that quad was ripping. I have seen mr horsepower quads in action and they were impressive. He is one of the first guys i would talk to if i was going to modify a DS. I have not been very impressed with the ron woods stuff for the money. (stage 1 and 2) I have seen many a built ds not crack 50hp and do not doubt for a second that butt's quad can run with the stage 1,2and 3 RW's.

Thanks for the cookies steve!! I grabbed 3 out when chase came back for them. I was in the trailer doing something for the boys and set them down. 1 minute later i went to get the cookies and there was only 1 LEFT. Neither of the 2 boys said they took them (harry and forrest) After asking them 3 times who took them neither would admit. I was about to kill the generator to get even (they were going to play ATV off road fury) and go on a man ride. About that time Rod opened the door with cookie crumbs on his face. LOL

Old 09-03-2003, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider

Entomber, yeah he machined the throttle housing on the side to allow it to open.

Mark, yeah there is never enough of those cookies!..lol We had a great time!

Quick Reply: Lectron 46HV! First impressions...