CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Well tomorrow is my first day of 10th grade....

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well tomorrow is my first day of 10th grade....

I agree with ya BlastNBaja....

I too had to "buy my own" toys when I was young... Man.... let's seee... to start 10th grade it was.... well.... drop the one, carry the 5, .... 20 years ago!!!!! Holy crap.... I'm gettin' old in my age. But younger in my youth!

To all you youngin's out there ... Cherish what your given by your parents. Take good care of it. Show them the respect they deserve (I hate disrespectful kids!!!) for putting faith in you.... etc.etc. My pops had bikes for most of my family (me and 3 older sisters) since before I was born. He was the sole provider. And when my mom quit riding and my sisters were moved out he bought him and I matching bikes. Yamaha IT175s they were! Oh man... they were the hot item. Then.... he sold those two bikes (he couldn't ride anymore due to surgeries and other complications) and bought me my first real MX bike... a 1984 YZ250! WOW... I was the man!!! At age 15... I was zoomin. But I'll tell ya.... my pops was/is my hero. And for all those years I slaved away at that house... chore after chore... wondering if I could get out on the weekends to ride my bicycle/dirt bike.... those were the days!!!! *sniff* [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] *sniff* I think I'm going to read my "senior memories" in my year book now.... *sniff*[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] *sniff* And better yet.... all the girl's comments!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Good luck to all you young scholars!!!
I wish you the best. No matter how much you think edumacashun isn't needed.... it really helps out here in the cruel world!

Old 08-27-2003, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

Ah, high school. We had open campus lunch, it was the best. Now here at college pretty much everything is "open campus," and it doesn't seem so great.

I wanted a DS in high school, but couldn't afford one (they were all new back then) so I built a sandrail. I also had a '71 Chevy on 35" tires to drive, it was kind of a toy, so that was cool. I got a lot of looks with that big red pickup pulling that rail... mostly from the cops!

Old 08-27-2003, 12:28 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: BigBadScrambler
I start my freshman semester of college next Wednesday. My first semester I have 2 class in Automotive, Drivline Service from Sep 3rd-Oct 10th, then Automatic trans. service from Oct 15th- Dec15th. Then I am off until mid Jan when second semester starts. That is when I have to take the "real" classes. Those 2 classes are 14 credits combined, and are 3 days a week. The bad part is that they are from 9:00am -11:15am on Wednesday and from 8:00am to 5:30pm on Thursday and Friday. Yes, that is 8.5 hours for 1 class. Man, I miss highschool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Sounds more like Trade School Not college? Not a bad thing just wondering what school you're going to?

Old 08-27-2003, 12:49 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I am going to Delta College. They have an Automotive Service program with a BRAND NEW building and shop. I am only going part time (but still getting 14 credits) and I am doing the some of the Automotive classes this semester then next semester I will do some of my core classes (business math, physc, so on)

Old 08-27-2003, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember High school back in the Seventy's kind of, my senior year my schedule was

1 Government- it was fun we had fake trials

2 Wood shop-Making things out of wood is cool.

3 Metal Shop--I thought this was some kind music class--but it was fun any way- I made a screwdriver.

4 Auto Mechanics- This way I could take my POS car to school to work on instead of at home.

After school I worked at a restaurant and washed dishes, ate steak and prime rib every night

Old 08-27-2003, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

Mega diddos to blastnbaja and johnnyairtime. Highschool was a long time ago and anyone who can afford to have a computer, playtime, and a playtoy, is very fortunate and should be thankful. I had to wait until I was 25 to buy my first quad. That was just 8 months ago. Anyway, I now have my quad, a dirt bike, a street bike, a fast car, a lifted Samurai, and just bought my first big serious welder. Also, the Snap-on man likes me now too for some reason. Well you kids just have fun a school and enjoy every minute because when you slave away like the rest of us (3 days a week) it is a lot harder to find the playtime we need[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Justin

Old 08-27-2003, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

10th grade, that's so 20 years ago. Who has time to play, I rode my DS last in May. Johnny J, my favorite girls comment is "Kevin, your a geek, DIE". Still funny after all these years.

Old 08-27-2003, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

Waynester, dude, I can't believe you remember your schedule from back then, I can't even remember mine from last year! Nahh, I didn't fail, I just turned 16. I guess I'm a little old for my grade, but a few of my friends have a liscense, too. Went and got my liscense on my birthday. Here you have to have a permit for 6 months before you get a liscense, or else you have to take some special test, and pay extra money, too. By the way, I payed (still paying) $200 a month for my DS. It'll be payed off next year.

Old 08-27-2003, 05:43 PM
Trailblazer

I hate school so dam much i think im gonna drop out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] strated 10th grade today its lookin like its gonna be a son of a bitch.

Old 08-27-2003, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

Monday was my first day of 11th grade [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
1)BCIS-business computer i??????? s???????? LOL
2)Math Models-easy math class
3)US History-we got a football coach as a teacher he is wild as heck!we never have to do work!
4)English 3-gotta write a 6 page essay!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
5)DCP2-co-op
6)TAKS Math-i guessed at all of the answers on the TASK math test and i gotta take this class LOL..its cool though we got a cool teacher!
i get out at 1:45 for co-op [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]!everyone else 3:30
my 10th grade year was my hardest year ever!!i failed chemistry and geometry..LOL..shoot i got off of that dang recommended plan and dropped down to the minimum plan [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Well tomorrow is my first day of 10th grade....