CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Sam Coe 720 update.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 12:18 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sam Coe 720 update.....

Well, she's fully seated in and running like an 8th grader from Ron Jeremy! I know there has been quite a bit of Sam bashing going around & to tell you the truth, I wouldn't send him my entire engine to work on but one thing I can tell you is that he did awesome work on the sleeve & o-ring (I know, not exactly rocket science) but my mechanic even commented on his quality of work. I have not had a hint of a promlem with gasket leakage & I have been giving her all she has. The power is astonishing for a mild cammed, stock valved engine. She is running a little fat but that's only because I have her running on 115 octane Turbo Blue. Previous jetting was for 100 octane oxygenated Sunocco GT 100. Get this, my current jetting is 145 main, 42 pilot (too rich), 97 needle in 1st clip position (leanest) & she is still producing some substantial carbon on the Graydon exit flange. I'm sure this will be corrected by playing with fuel mixes to lean it out. I run 20" tires with 17/40 gearing and on a pavement launch if she grabs traction the front end points skyward in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and front shocks are fully unlaiden in 4th. I'm already ready for the 760 with big valves & more agressive cams but I am truly & thoroughly impressed with what I've got. Oh yeah, one more thing....not that it was fair, but just for giggles I raced a piped Craptor and let's just say the margin was about what a stock DS against a stock 400 EX would be. Hard to find much worthy competetion around these parts.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-01-2003, 12:25 PM
Trailblazer

if you're evern in the NE texas area look us up... there are a few bikes at the river that'll give you a run.

Old 09-01-2003, 12:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Great to hear your not having any problems with the craftsmanship from Sam Coe. Keep us informed.