CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS Days 2004, Sand Mtn NV Sept. 3-6 2004 plan now

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS Days 2004, Sand Mtn NV Sept. 3-6 2004 plan now

Lets make the 4th annual DS Days bigger and better than the previous 3 combined. Plan now to make it. Saturday night we will have a group BBQ, how does that sound? Lets get alot of people there and show what the DS's can do. We have a year to plan, lets make this great [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2003, 06:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider

the bbq sounds great, but the issue of where to ride was a big concern. i know people wanted it somewhere else, but i think the way sand mountain is set up it works pretty well for that kind of event. while i was working on the 720 it was great to be able to stand back and watch the action. plus it was about the racing not that it was bad but we did all race to see who was were with there engines. and i would say i was gaining on azsand but he kept looking back so he knew i wasn't[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] man that was fun racing with him, there was a sparks honda that could beat me so azsand would come up and beat him left him a little confused, thanks azsand. i know there are better ride areas but with the way the camping and all is at sand mountain that would be my vote. i know i like my riding area better for all out riding but, it wouldn't be as good for this kind of event. jeff would roll out his rail and blast up the hill and we could all see some poor quads getting blasted. i'm still not sure it was a good thing i meet jeff, he showed me the radar gun now i want one of those my kids want a rail, i want the triple buffs tires, and i'm pretty sure my wife wants a motor home[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] well if we do sand mountain again we should have the pool set up like the other camp i heard about[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] the kids would love that i might even enjoy that in that heat.

Old 09-02-2003, 08:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Jeff is evil!!! I don't even want to add up the $$$ he has cost me! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] (Yes, I have a few friends that say the same about me!)

I think the first purchase will be the FCR carbs. Hearing KMDuner and AZSand talk about them . . . well, I want a set!

I thought there was a pool in Jeff's camp (under his motorhome [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] ) (BTW, anytime you need to use my shower you are welcome Jeff!)

Sandman said it well. . . Sand Mt. is set-up very well for this kind of event. There is no reason to organize any races. . . it is easy enough to race everyone and know where you stand against everyone else.

We'll be there again next Labor Day.

We would like to visit Oregon sometime next summer. We'll let you know Sandman so you can show us around.
Dumont is planned for this Thanksgiving!
Glamis for 4 Stroke Wars this Martin Luther King Weekend 2004

That's all for now. Hope to see you all there.

Old 09-02-2003, 09:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

So DS Days seems good to keep at Sand Mountain, how about we start up some event at Little Sahara, UT? (On a different date, say November-ish?) I know something a little more east will draw a lot more mid west people. It's further for the North West coast guys, however if some of the oregon dunes are as good as they sound you can't cry too much about one extra long trip once in a while. I think it would be wise also to use the same 'layout' for other get togethers as for DS Days - I almost made it to DS Days this time! (So close, yet so far away!) I'm hoping that by next year my business will be doing well enough I can start taking fun vacations etc. I think if we have any events that draw people from say - Texas, we'll have to have some flat drags; from what I hear that is about the only kinda drag racing out there.

Old 09-02-2003, 09:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I would like to get to Utah. November is just too cold. Check out Delta, Utah on TheWeatherChannel Look under averages. . . May or early June would be best. It is tough to get people to travel to somewhere where the average temperature is below 40 degrees.

It may take a little brain-storming to come up with something for this one!

Old 09-02-2003, 10:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

40 Degrees? What are you smokin'? here in CA it's still only like 70 at that time of year. Oh, yeah, duh seems I forgot what I learned in Geography. Perhaps Dumont, CA is better for NOVEMBER. I think you are probably correct on the timing issue. May or early June could be absolutly perfect as far as timing goes - that would leave 3-4 months for people to recover & prepare, then have a couple more months to get ready for DS Days. Seems like we need one more event to round out the year though, four a year would be a pretty decent number. You'll never get everyone at every event, but if you spread them out enough you could perhaps get more people into attending the events and improve things overall. A few of the forum members do have websites and I'm sure if we all pooled our resouces we could get a good showing at all of the events.

I REALLY want to make it to DS Days in 2004. In 2001 I didn't hardly hear about it until after it was over, then in 2002 my previous employer couldn't let me go for fear of going bankrupt & this year I couldn't go since I'd just started my new company and had the opportunity to make some big bucks in that same time period. I figure by next year I should personally be able to go without any hinderances.

Old 09-02-2003, 11:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider

those events sound neat but it would take a lot of our time to go every three months, as it stands now they have ds days on labor day sand mountain and fourstroke wars glamis. so that would leave one more place for every 4 months. if we try 4 a year it would get to where it would be easy to miss some thinking the next one would be soon. i know after taking in the sand mountain thing i'll probably try for memorial weekend next year, that will be a chance to see duneme and jeff again, plus run some really fast quads. the more i think about the racing at sand mountain the more i really liked it, our comp hill at florence is great but man that hill at sand mt. is long and it set apart the quads. ours is quick and nasty it's over before it gets started. well maybe there should be a east and a west ds days with a meeting every third year in the middle. i know jetsnow and his family will be up here on 4 july weekend and duneme and family will be up around then, that is something i'll look forward to.

Old 09-03-2003, 04:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The East / West thing sounds good for the Eastern guys, however you have to have someone from the East put it together. Living in the west like you and I isn't very condusive to setting up an eastern DS Days. The best thing I can think of is LS, Utah, since it is much more east and can draw people from the west and central US.