CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

New LTE Racing Exhaust - Dual Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 03:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New LTE Racing Exhaust - Dual Exhaust

All this sounds fine to me. I ride sand only (no water or mud).

Could you PM me the guy's e-mail address or ask him if they are making enough room for dual carbs with their dual exhaust set-up?

I need to get all this answered before November (Happy B-day to ME!) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-04-2003, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

they must be tired of hearing from me, last time i emailed looney they did not replie. was looking to get a set by oct for dune trip to little sahara[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] oh well i'll just wait til they post the pipes. i asked about running the pipes thru the center like the polaris, (my batt is already relocated)i thought it would look hot like a race bike or alike. but down the side of the frame is ok to, hurry up and wait!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-04-2003, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

Jeff,

Cart before the horse. They have to test everything first - otherwise, you know the consequences.

Marky

Old 09-04-2003, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ironrod
Do you guys ride in the mud? or Water?
only wen it rains [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and ya gotta remember winter time too,

Old 09-05-2003, 01:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have a variety of reasons I don't want to run a carburetor mounted filter.

1. I had a BAD experience with this sort of setup on another ATV.
2. I don't expect to ride in water, except when at Pismo Beach, however I like to keep my options open if I take a trip or something.
3. The performance modifications I am considering require the air duct to be installed for optimum performance. (I'm pretty impressed with the work of some guy in Kentucky.)
4. They are too much trouble. I've looked at several DS' running a carb mount and most of them have tape on the filter or outerwear to prevent additional wear.
5. They can fall off easier - especially if the filter is in constant contact with the seat. - I know you can shave some part of the seat off to make it fit better as well. Though I have yet to 'see' this location when looking at my own DS' which obviously do not have the carb mounted filter. I suppose if you ran a carb mount filter, it would make a dirty black mark where it was rubbing making it blatently obvious exactly what needs to be done to prevent it from making contact as well.

I can certainly understand why they would choose to remove the air box instead of the battery though: to remove the air box, you unscrew a few things and wham bam you're done no major modifications to the machine. To remove the battery holder, it takes a lot more effort if the owner does not have the equipment to do the modification him/herself.

Perhaps some day I'll change my mind on the carb mount. Although if I do go through with the performance mods I am considering that would pretty well close the door on a carb mount.

Old 09-05-2003, 02:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

ditto what Blackhawk said, and add to that I have my crankcase vent ducted into the airboot, into the same hole/grommet that the stock carb vacuum line used to attach. no more miniature filter fuss, no more mess. and no, oil does not build up in the boot as suspected - its vapor goes right on thru and gets burnt and never has a chance to condense on pleats. and the crankcase actually gets an aid with pos pressure evacuation, for whatever that's worth.
who was it that steered me here - I think it was KenDS?

Old 09-05-2003, 08:44 AM
Pro Rider

I run the carb mount, and have no problem with it. I actually felt like it made a difference in my performance. I dont run in water though. I had a raptor once that I would run through water, and it kept tearing stuff up. Now when it rains I wont ride till it dries. Too much trouble getting the mud off of the bike! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-05-2003, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider

Wow, I never realized that the carb mount filter had polarized so many people. Personally, I can't imagine cutting off the battery box from the sub frame over going with a direct mount carb filter. It does take a little bit figure out how much to cut on the underside of the seat when installing the direct mount filter. But, you have to do that anyways if you run the TM45 to make room for the throttle wheel. Once you make room for the filter, and properly tighten the filter up to the carb, it will not come off. Besides, if they had relocated the battery box to the underside of the seat, there would be no more room for the airbox! And, as far as the vent filter, a good catch can will remove any mess and provide a good vent for the crankcase vapors.

The only time I can see that this pipe would not be marketable would be for those running in extremely wet conditions. For those guys, I've got another MBRP pipe on ebay right now! LOL. I suppose someone will invent a new airbox now to make those guys happy as well and that's probably a good thing. But let’s face it, there are far more law enforcement folks out on the dunes checking sound levels than there are in the forests.

For the dune guys just think about this for a second, for the first time you have the choice of getting a truly performance pipe that’s LEGAL. Which would mod would you rather do to get it? Hacksaw the subframe to remove the battery box, or cut some plastic out of the bottom underside of your seat?

In my opinion, hats of to LTE for not only coming up with something this revolutionary, but also putting the time and engineering to actually test the pipe, determine the horsepower gains and post the noise level DB so that everyone can make an educated decision about what to get. How many pipes have we purchased for the DS? How many end up on EBAY? If you do purchase the LTE, you would have done so with your eyes open and the facts on the table! I like that.

Marky

Old 09-05-2003, 10:37 AM
Elite Pro Rider

hey iron rod are they going to give discount for buying two?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] as far as that carb mount falling off i'd like to see how that is done? i have the 45 plus carb mount and that filter sits right on top of that cross bar and the seat hits the top and there isn't much room to go side to side. and i've rode mine in water with the outer wear it seems to work fine i will say i didn't go over the tires deep in water but it seemed fine to me, unless you guys are blasting thru the stuff at high speed, it seems ok. ironrod when is your next ride?

Old 09-05-2003, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider

Sandman,

I was thinking about next weekend. Tomorrow is supposed to be overcast and Sunday its supposed to rain. I was wanting to go down to Coos Bay and try some of those jumps!

Marky

Quick Reply: New LTE Racing Exhaust - Dual Exhaust