CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Ron Wood Racing Vs TVI

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 05:08 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ron Wood Racing Vs TVI

hiiiiii guys

actully im thinking to open ATV shop in my area. so im thinking which best place to bring DS650 stuff. i heard about RWR and TVI. as i know the TVI have Big bore and stroker stuff and RWR have high compression pistons and porting,,etc. my questions is :-

a- what about the quality and the reliabilty of both of RWR and TVI ?

b- what about the pricing i mean cheap,expensive...of both of RWR and TVI ?

c- which one is worth it ?

d- can u tell me when i compared a big bore shee with both RWR AND TVI who will win?

e- i need some No of H.P of both of the RWR and TVI?

* for example some of my customer ask me if RWR stage 1 can beat JUST a piped shee?

we have many many DS's here in kuwait and we only DRAG RACING actully.

i appreciat ur help ..guys

thanx

Old 09-08-2003, 09:02 AM
Pro Rider

According to this article in an old Dirt Wheels from JULY 2000,

Stock------43 rwhp @ 6400 rpms
Stage 1---48 rwhp @ 7500 rpms
Stage 2 --53 rwhp @ 7500 rpms
Stage 3---58 rwhp @ 7700 rpms

Back then they used a 12.25 piston, and do not specify cams specs, just say "hotter".

I'd rather stay away from the comparison questions, companies and Banshees.

Old 09-08-2003, 09:06 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

Stick with RW's. They have years of experince over TVI. TVI buys from RW's and other companys and puts the parts together.

They are also coming out with a 102mm pistion kit soon.

And yes a stage one will beat most piped and jetted shees. ( In this area )

My stage 3 dyno 63 horse on gas no NOS.

Old 09-08-2003, 09:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Ron woods is a great co.and has some great parts. But tvi is dedicated to the ds only and is coming out with new stuff every day. They have swing arms'billet parts'engine kits'the complete ds store so if you want to build reliable stock bores go ron woods.If you want to realy play with the big boy's go tvi. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-08-2003, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider

RON WOODS IS ALSO SELLING THINGS FOR THE YZF 450 pipes-pistons-cams-tachs and everything they sell for the ds they have for the yfz the new headpipe is huge and there parts seem to make a huge differance if the 450.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-08-2003, 10:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Yes i seen the difference as i flew by them at sand mt on my 440 ex yep they looked impressive from a distance[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]LOL

Old 09-08-2003, 10:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider

while at sand mountain a woods stage three, lost to less than a stage one. i like the woods stuff but i found it was standard, i have a nice running stage two but it was in the middle of the back, not where you want to be. there was a good running stage 3 there but it wasn't woods. the tvi stuff works very well for me, it has left me with very good feelings over the last summer. as far as beating banshees well that is a hard one. they have a lot of years research. you will find stock for stock the ds will win, and it kind of goes from there, but i think there is just more stuff now for the banshee. but with places like tvi, trinity( hear they are working on a 720) pami and woods the gap is closing. as far as customer service woods and tvi are both good. if you you want standard woods is good, if you want to be at the edge of performance right now there are only a few going for that. as far as a new 680 goes that will run nice but the others are already ahead of that.

Old 09-08-2003, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

I love the woods stuff, but there are some interesting add ons that others are producing. I was at 56 horsepower with my stage 2.5 before going to the 14:1 piston and race gas. My hope is that I am at 60 HP now. Don't forget that many others have a wide array of CDI's, pipes, and pistons to help enhance your stuff.

Old 09-08-2003, 10:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider

well put ironrod[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-08-2003, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider

Also, I am not a big fan of the MBRP pipe for performance; however, its not a bad recreational pipe though.

Quick Reply: Ron Wood Racing Vs TVI