CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Tail light out....again!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 01:23 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail light out....again!

Damn tail light!

Does anyone know if they make a super heavy duty bulb that lasts? I tried the Dealers for $4.95, I tried the .50 cent one from the auto parts store and they all last about the same... 3 jumps and the filament breaks. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2003, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider

Tail light problems...LOL! Last weekend the BLM rangers were having alot of fun with that! I think its the vibration from aftermarket exhausts that cause the quick...almost immediate burnout. Cheapest and reliable fix is available at PEP BOYS (or like) carry an 1157 LED replacement (buy two--hot commodoty!) for about 8 bux. Because of the way the socket sits in your taillight housing it won't put out the amount of light you'd expect but it will get you out on the dunes and hopefully keep your buddies from running into you...not!

Jim

Old 09-10-2003, 02:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Summit racing has them too if you want to buy them on-line.

That's funny Jim! I knew my tail light was out the other weekend at Sand Mt. and pulled up next to a couple buddies after running the hill a couple times. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed the Ranger truck coming my way and immediately started up the pig and went up the hill. Decided to go back and change the light. Got back and one of my buds came up and said, "I don't know what your doing wrong but, you better figure it out because the Ranger's are looking for you" Tail light was fixed so [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Rangers

The next day the light was burnt out again [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

I have a stock extra rear tail-light assembly that I am thinking of trying to weld up a few LED's into and see how it works. Don't care how bright it is just don't want to deal with it anymore.

Old 09-10-2003, 03:19 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jiminok
Tail light problems...LOL! Last weekend the BLM rangers were having alot of fun with that! I think its the vibration from aftermarket exhausts that cause the quick...almost immediate burnout. Cheapest and reliable fix is available at PEP BOYS (or like) carry an 1157 LED replacement (buy two--hot commodoty!) for about 8 bux. Because of the way the socket sits in your taillight housing it won't put out the amount of light you'd expect but it will get you out on the dunes and hopefully keep your buddies from running into you...not!

Jim
This is for a DS remember; getting rear ended shouldn't be a problem [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I was having the same problem on both of mine and put in the LED bulb (which looks real wierd) and its been about 5 weeks and they still work, but they are not very bright. When you pull over to wait for your buddys make sure that you pull way over.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2003, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

Or you could use something like these.

Smitty

Tail Lights