ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   CAN-AM (BRP) (https://atvconnection.com/forums/can-am-brp/)
-   -   Sand Rails (https://atvconnection.com/forums/can-am-brp/119420-sand-rails.html)

BLACKDS 09-29-2003 12:21 PM

Sand Rails

Hey Punisher, I quess you havent made up your mind yet! there is alot to choose from! I'm going again next week to get some time on shifting this thing, its alittle different from the last one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Batoutahell 09-29-2003 12:49 PM

Sand Rails

Bigger, I am going with a funco bit 5 gen 4, it is their newest car. 5 seater, not sure on engine and trans yet.

I am also not sure exactly what I am going to get, it will be one of their kits, I cannot afford turnkey.

It will be anywhere from $9000 up to about $18,000. The low number would be just the frame and front and rear suspension, minus shocks. The upper number is the B kit as they call it and has most everything you need, minus some of the small parts and of course engine, trans, wiring, plumbing, tire and wheels etc.

It is not a cheap endeavor, but hopefully worthwhile in the end.

I plan on having about $30,000 to $35,000 into it when done. Depends on what kind of deals I can get or not.

Here is a link to their site, they dont have the gen 4 pricing up as of yet.

bat

KMDuner 09-29-2003 02:13 PM

Sand Rails

I'm also about to start building a long travel. Tatum is about 2 miles down the road from my office. I stopped in to see them last week and they were very very nice people. However, I didn't order anything from them yet. A friend bought one of there cars and is really happy with it. Blew the engine first trip out and they replaced it for him for free, and it was my friends fault.

Anyway after looking around a little I think that I'm going to have some friends of mine built me one. They are a small company just starting out but they really know there stuff. I can save a couple bucks buy helping wrench on it too, plus I can say I help build it. I can't afford to get to crazy but it'll be nice enough to get the family around the dunes. I'm guessing about 20" of travel and some kind of v-6. We'll see. They say once the money and parts are in hand the build time is only 1-1 1\2 months.

Anyway here is there website Kodiak Motorsports

Oh and by the way I blame this on Jeff!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

DuneMe 09-29-2003 02:54 PM

Sand Rails

Oh and by the way I blame this on Jeff!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][/quote]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Yes, that's correct! It is his fault!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Sounds like the golf cart is being upgraded! Make sure they include a cooler rack for the road sodas!

e-mail pictures as the build progresses.

KMDuner 09-29-2003 07:43 PM

Sand Rails

LOL!!!!

I'm still working out all the details, I hope to have it by T-Day or X-mas but it will probably be more like MLK. Either way I'm stoked about it. It will be a lot easier going to the dunes with the family.

Congrats Bat!!!!

Batoutahell 09-29-2003 07:52 PM

Sand Rails

Thanks, I too think it will be much easier to go with the family after getting a rail.

Should be fun, mine probably wont be completely done until late summer or hell it could be a year from then. LOL hope not, but you never know. At least I will be starting on it.

Good luck on your project, the rails in the link look nice. Should be fun.

bat

raptor03 09-29-2003 09:32 PM

Sand Rails

Tony i call Shotgun...

DuneMe 09-29-2003 10:49 PM

Sand Rails

Well, since the line is starting to form. . . I call 'Gun on the second ride! (Dumont for Thanksgiving or Glamis at MLK).

ThePunisher 09-30-2003 02:00 AM

Sand Rails

Hey Reed when are you going out?! If you wouldn't mind I would like to tag along with you and check that new beast out! It may help me change my mind![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Hey Bat you can get an Extreme ECO- 5 seater for $35,000.00 with Mendeola and Northstar. Also Sandwinder has there 5-seater with northstar and Mendeola for $32,000.00 Complete, and they are only 6 months out.

raptor03 09-30-2003 02:37 AM

Sand Rails

did you hear me squeeky..lol SHOTGUN