CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

MSD Ignition

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MSD Ignition

I called Gary today. He is such a pleasure to deal with. He seems very sincere, not cheap, but answers all my questions like a good SALESMAN SHOULD.

Anyway I was peering into that MSD Ignition. I remember him asking 600 bucks for it.. now it's 400 smackaroos. I already own a Graydon Proline rev box and it cost me 400 beans but I want to hear from anyone who actually has one if they had good or bad things to say. Sometime next week I'm FINALLY getting my 720 motor back and I want to ensure I give my Stage III bud a run for his money. I also would like to add more bottom to my DS. Any feedback? Please do tell...

Old 10-09-2003, 12:09 AM
Range Rover
Default MSD Ignition

gary sent me the wrong vortex so i have a new msd on the way, it looks to be awesome, i will have it by saturday but who knows if i will have my motor back by then. the only downfalls i see is that there is no handlebar switch like the vortex but there is switches on the box. and with the msd box you cant use your stock baja tachometer. you have to buy the higher quality autometer tach that is $200, so its somewhat of a set back. either way gary delivers on time and so far everything he has told me has been true.......................

Old 10-09-2003, 10:31 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default MSD Ignition

maybe you should try it out and tell me about it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i'll see gary in a few weeks and get one i'll even let you know how it works on a 720[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-09-2003, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default MSD Ignition

Yeah Sandman.. let me know!!! I think I'm going to do increments at this point. Let me get the darn 720 going and then I'll see if I really want a rev box. I spent that much on my Gradyon. Still I like the fact you can program the rev limit. I think the Graydon one I have revs to 9500... but I would like to set it at 9 gran. Let's see.. I also have a 15 tooth front sprocket that I am debating on installing, but let's see how much more bottom the DS gives me with this kit. I can't wait.. I really can't

Old 10-09-2003, 11:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default MSD Ignition

i think you'll have enough

Old 10-10-2003, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default MSD Ignition

I always found the DS hard to wheelie. It would wheelie by accident or if I revved it really high and popped the clutch. In any event if you get a rev box from Gary let me know. I'm curious on how well it performs. It would be nice to switch it for more advance for MX riding and then retard it a bit for Drag Racing. Sandman have you raced any Stage IIIs?

Old 10-10-2003, 01:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default MSD Ignition

gary installed the msd on my 770 he should finish up next week, l will report hopefully next week end on it

Old 10-10-2003, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default MSD Ignition

Wow 770!!! Man must be a hell of a lot of torque. If I spend anymore crazy cash on my DS... it will be that. I'm a bottom end freak. Nothing like the blip of the throttle and gobs of torque pulls you through.

Let us know about the curves. I can't imagine someone using an MSD ignition and not playing around with the settings.

Old 10-10-2003, 01:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default MSD Ignition

gary put this bike together, i had the pami 760 with vortex & hope this one is even stronger (we know it will be) its garys latest creation. new pic under ken above (wrong name, i will forgive gasser its Glenn)

Old 10-10-2003, 09:31 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default MSD Ignition

yeah i've raced some stage threes, the best one being kmduners, his is by far the fastest one i've seen. the others were so so. you'll be ok, but you know you might have a traction issue now, i would be looking at some 22" probably xct for the back.

Quick Reply: MSD Ignition